Bethel University Conference Services Assistant in Mishawaka, Indiana
The Assistant will provide comprehensive planning and execution for all aspects of on-campus events and conference needs. Works with Director of Conference Services is supporting campus events.
- Provide logistical support to clients for coordination and execution of academic year events and summer programs and conferences. Maintain up-to-date records of all activities and transactions for all programs. Execute all assigned program duties throughout the calendar year.
- Help Director plan and execute events. Ensure that sufficient student worker support is arranged and participate in, and maintain oversight of, event setup and delivery of required equipment for each event. Coordinate with Vendors.
- Coordinate with other university departments, including catering, logistics and scheduling.
- Develop credible working relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders. Provide timely feedback and coordination of needs with internal and external partners. Serve as a resource for clients and guests, providing information, directions, and answers in a courteous and timely manner.
- Oversee meeting booking, cancellation, and postponement orders from clients.
- Obtain meeting request orders, book meeting rooms and send confirmations to clients and work to resolve booking conflicts in a timely and accurate fashion
- Process all other additional requests such as room set-up, catering needs and audio visual device requirements.
``` - Maintain high-level of professionalism and competence when dealing with clients. - Submit invoices for caterings, equipment and other amenities to clients. - Ensure that meeting rooms are set-up with requested amenities and AV devices. - Other duties as assigned. - Some weekend and evening hours will be necessary at times, especially in the summer.
Utilize the following programs:
- YaRooms (room booking systems)
- School Dude (set-up orders and maintenance requests)
- StarRes - (dorm booking system)
- Wave Invoicing
Job requirements and Ideal Experience
- High School Diploma required. College degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have some experience with event planning and execution, or hospitality services.
- The position will require the ability to perform physical tasks such as the set-up of tables, chairs, signage, etc.
- Also required is a detail-driven individual who will engage well with people
- Proficient in Microsoft office products
- Ability to learn event management software, as needed