Medtronic Sustaining Engineering Manager in Mirandola, Italy
Careers that Change Lives
The Respiratory Intervention Operating Unit delivers solutions and products that prevent the onset and improve the management of respiratory failure. The position will be based in the Mallinkrodt Dar production plant in Mirandola, which is part of Machined Implantable, Capital and Disposable Operations cluster.
As R&D Sustaining Engineering Manager, reporting directly to the Senior Engineering Director, you will be responsible for managing the Sustaining Engineering team that has design responsibility for the Respiratory Interventions Breathing Systems products.
This position is an exciting and new opportunity to work with Medtronic’s Patient Monitoring, Respiratory Interventions and/or Medical Care Management Systems businesses. Currently a part of Medtronic, these businesses are being transitioned either into a new stand-alone company (currently referred to as NewCo) or will be merged into the business of another company. While you will start your employment with Medtronic, upon establishment of NewCo or upon the transition of the business unit to another company, in approximately 12-15 months (if we can designate timing; this was in the public announcement) your employment will transfer to one of these entities and you will no longer be employed by Medtronic.
The business will have the same singular focus, financial commitment, deep domain expertise, and global footprint needed to accelerate the development and commercialization of affordable and scalable healthcare technologies.
A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
• Plans, directs and implements all aspects of the company's design and development of existing medical device products.
• May develop, evaluate, implement and maintain technical quality assurance and control systems or reliability systems and standards pertaining to materials, techniques, or company products.
• Oversees the investigation and evaluation of existing technologies.
• Guides the conceptualization of new methodologies, materials, machines, processes or products.
• Directs the development of new concepts from initial design to market release.
• Manages feasibility studies of the design to determine if capable of functioning as intended.
• Monitors documentation maintenance throughout all phases of research and development.
• Organizes the coordination of activities with outside suppliers and consultants to ensure timely delivery.
• Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
• Requires practical knowledge in leading and managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one job area.
• Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of the impact of work on other areas of the organization.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 3 years prior relevant experience.
• Previous design/manufacturing experience in the medical device industry.
• Experience in the design and manufacture of consumable medical devices.
• Plastic component design and manufacturing experience.
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate across functions and job levels within a global matrix organization.
• Experience leading, developing and mentoring technical employees.
Nice to Haves
• Project management experience
• Experience implementing continuous improvement activities
• Experience utilizing problem solving methodologies such as DMAIC / Six Sigma
• Experience with developing and utilizing metrics to track team progress and effectiveness
• Experience with Medical Device Manufacturing Quality System and Regulatory requirements
Our unwavering commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity (ID&E) means zero barriers to opportunity within Medtronic and a culture where all employees belong, are respected, and feel valued for who they are and the life experiences they contribute. We know equity starts beyond our workplace, and we must play a role in addressing systemic inequities in our communities if we hope to have long-term sustainable impact. Anchored in our Mission, we continue to drive ID&E forward both to enhance the well-being of Medtronic employees and to accelerate innovation that brings our lifesaving technologies to more people in more places around the world.
Bold thinking. Bolder actions. We are Medtronic.
We lead global healthcare technology and boldly attack the most challenging health problems facing humanity by searching out and finding solutions. Our Mission — to alleviate pain, restore health, and extend life — unites a global team of 90,000+ passionate people. Powered by our diverse knowledge, insatiable curiosity, and desire to help all those who need it, we deliver innovative technologies that transform the lives of two people every second, every hour, every day. Expect more from us as we empower insight-driven care, experiences that put people first, and better outcomes for our world.
In everything we do, we are engineering the extraordinary.
Is this the position you were waiting for? Then please apply directly via the apply button!
It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Medtronic Jobs