Jack Link's Sr. SAP S/4 FICO Business Analyst in Minneapolis, Minnesota
When it comes to being wild, we know a thing or two. We’re not afraid of trying something new or the hard work it takes to make it happen. It’s in our DNA. We’ve turned a family recipe into a new snacking category. And the wilderness into the world’s largest meat snack business, that’s still proudly family owned and operated.
We’re a company built by innovators, and are driven to not only satisfy your hunger, but to also feed your journey – whether that journey is on the road, on the run, at the campground, at the playground, in the office or in the moment. It’s a journey we share with you. It’s the journey forward of our people, of our communities, of our category…with a reverence for quality and an irreverence for the status quo.
At Jack Link’s Protein Snacks, we see every moment of every day as an opportunity to move forward, to forge new ground. To realize our vision of becoming the World’s #1 Protein Snack Company. We never give up. You never give up. Together, we keep going. Are you wild enough to join us?
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks is a global leader in snacking and the No. 1 meat snack manufacturer worldwide. Family-owned and operated with headquarters in Minong, Wisconsin, Jack Link’s Protein Snacks also has a large corporate hub in Downtown Minneapolis, Minnesota. The company is made up of over 4,000 passionate team members, across 11 countries, who share an uncompromising commitment to delivering awesome products and feeding the journey of those who move things forward. The Jack Link’s Protein Snacks portfolio of brands includes, Jack Link’s, Lorissa’s Kitchen, MATADOR Jerky, BiFi and Peperami.
The ideal candidate for the position of Sr. SAP S/4 FICO Business Analyst / Product Owner Finance & Accounting (Record-to-report) is constantly looking for ways to improve a product or IT solution in order to deliver business value faster and in a more user-friendly way. You are constantly engaged with your Finance & Accounting business team leaders and are able to listen carefully to problems explained in order to offer ideas and possible solutions that are relevant in today’s marketplace. You are a leader involved in producing technology solutions, from concept to delivery, while managing and prioritizing the product backlog, that satisfy customer or Accounting & Finance business teams’ needs in alignment with the Jack Link’s overall strategy, as well as, creating and delivering the joint technology plan working with your business team leaders. You possess solid SAP FICO & BPC domain knowledge and expertise and are capable of translating business requirements into functional specifications or system configuration if needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
· Model, analyze, deploy, monitor and continuously improve business processes and applications in the Record to Report (RTR) / Financial Planning & Analysis area. Owner & leader of the finance technical space.
- Design solutions with user experience in mind and create mockups or prototypes to assist with development
· Subject mater expert who understands the business needs and translates them into user stories (or Specs) and backlog items for development teams to start work
· Be a key team member as part of future exploratory work for SAP S/4
Ensure each story or backlog item has the correct acceptance criteria
Own the Finance & Accounting product backlog – grooming, prioritizing, and refining
· Be available (Attend daily stand-ups as needed) to and work with development teams so that clear understanding of backlog items is achieved by providing guidance and clarification when sought. If needed, participate in direct development activities, such as, system configuration as primary business analyst within SAP FICO domain.
· Work with development teams to set goals and definition of done for sprints, and communicates new functionality of changes to stakeholders
· Act as primary liaison between stakeholders, scrum master and development team members. If effort or project does not utilize scrum framework, act as primary liaison between stakeholders and development team members – onshore & offshore
· Participate in sprint planning and sprint retrospective meetings
Analyze & report metrics of products to understand customer and/or business teams and product performance
Create and update the joint technology plan in partnership with Finance & Accounting business & technology team leaders
Advance the Finance & Accounting product goals or end-to-end solutions by leveraging technologies
Be the expert (or leverage expertise) of the critical systems / applications used in the product area to leverage all the features available
· Establish strong, open and real business team leader relationships and represent the customer or Finance & Accounting business teams to the development teams
· Performs other duties and responsibilities such as testing and training as necessary
Required Education: BS/BA Degree or equivalent work experience
· SAP S/4 HANA experience in FICO domains & RTR product area(s)
· 7+ years of experience either as Sr. BA or product owner in Finance & Accounting area
· Has worked in an agile environment to develop user stories and requirements in collaboration across diverse global regions, businesses, backend systems, technologies, and architecture. This includes stakeholder communication management and backlog prioritization and grooming.
· Has technical product knowledge or specific domain expertise with SAP ECC and/or S/4, as well as, subject matter knowledge within products and business processes related to Finance & Accounting
· SAP ECC FICO expertise including but not limited to system configuration, functional specification writing, unit testing & UAT test script writing. Demonstrated success to influence the strategic vision while executing the tactical needs of the product (leading without a title)
· Demonstrated success in maximizing product value by releasing products that meet and exceed business objectives.
· Excellent detailed written and verbal communication skills, possibly including some user interface documentation skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills especially with people less skilled in communication.
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority. The ability to influence and work collaboratively with development teams is especially important.
· Advanced knowledge of Scrum framework (PSF certification)
· Certification in Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO certification)
· Experience with implementing Global SAP environment
· Understanding of key functional processes and technical aspects within SAP ECC & S/4 HANA:
+ + Controlling areas, company codes, business areas and other FICO foundational elements
Chart of accounts
Currency, tax and banks
General ledger accounting
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets
Cross-company code accounting
SAP CRM TPM
SAP FSCM (claims management)
Integration of FI and SD, FI and MM, FI and HR
Cost element, cost center accounting
Profit center accounting
Product costing within process manufacturing industries
Profitability Analysis (COPA)
Accounting and FP&A Reports
· Familiarity with Consumer Products procurement & manufacturing processes
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES:
· Influential leader able to facilitate discussions between multi-functional teams and enable them to discover solutions to complex problems
· Ability to influence stakeholders within the finance product space.
· Able to build effective working relationships with leaders across the company
· Able to negotiate tradeoffs with conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
· Expert collaborator, capable of managing multiple initiatives simultaneously with a high degree of independence
· Ability to be constantly connected to full suite of team members involved in the product, actively listens and learns in every conversation
· Excellent communication skills and comfortable presenting to stakeholders at various organizational levels both in person and remotely
· Comfortable working with enterprise-level platforms and technologies
· Has a high resilience, solutions-oriented approach, and entrepreneurial mindset
· Able to use agile thinking to break large problems into smaller, quicker, achievable wins
· Can think outside of what is currently ‘in-play’ if necessary, to maximize full value of the Jack Link’s brand with products that can differentiate
· Passionate about being in a learning-based culture; willing to step outside of the comfort zone in search of being value-minded
· Naturally curious and eager to learn, constantly seeks to discover and seeks to apply practical knowledge into daily work and relationships both inside and outside of the company
· Adaptable to a changing environment
· Proficient with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
· Proficient in Testing and Documentation using proper methodologies
· Proficient in conducting meetings including use of remote collaboration and meeting tools
Equal Employment Opportunity EmployerWe are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
E-VerifyWe provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. IMPORTANT: If the Government cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, we are required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment. We may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants or to re-verify current employees and may not limit or influence the choice of documents presented for use on the Form I-9. In order to determine whether Form I-9 documentation is valid, we use E-Verify’s photo screening tool to match the photograph appearing on some permanent resident and employment authorization cards with the official U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services’ (USCIS) photograph. If you believe that your employer has violated its responsibilities under this program or has discriminated against you during the verification process based upon your national origin or citizenship status, please call the Office of Special Counsel at 1-800-255-7688 (TDD: 1-800-237-2515).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.