VMware Manager - MDR - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Minneapolis, Minnesota
Manager, Managed Detection and Response
VMware Carbon Black, the leader in advanced threat protection, is seeking a Manager to oversee our Managed Detection and Response (MDR) team. VMware Carbon Black’s MDR team consists of world class security experts who are responsible for monitoring, validating, and containing security events in real time.
This is a position overseeing and managing highly technical projects and individual contributors. Candidates should have deep technical knowledge of the threat landscape, how to detect and prevent attacks, as well as at least 4 years of experience managing large security teams.
About the team:
Collaborative, fun team who get energized and excited to stop cyber threats. Our analysts are hungry to learn and grow, not only individually but also as a cohesive team. We stop attacks, we help customers, we make this world a better place. We work hard, we play hard, and we show up and get things done. We take PTO, we take sick days, we support our team members when they need it most.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Grow and manage a diverse threat response team, managing personnel (i.e., hiring, career development, mentoring, performance management)
• Support personal and professional development of team members.
• Help to oversee large research projects and plan long term strategies to improve product and team efficacy
• Plan and prioritize work based on the rapidly changing threat landscape
• Foster a collaborative work environment across the VMWare Security Business Unit with groups like Engineering, Project Management, Support and our Threat Analysis Unit (TAU).
• Being the voice of the analyst team to Product Marketing and Engineering, enabling us to respond to real world customer demands and capabilities.
Requirements and Qualifications
• B.S. in Computer Science or related fields, or equivalent infosec experience
• Strong emotional intelligence and inclusive mindset
• Minimum of 4 years of managing threat response teams
• Experience managing a virtual/geographically distributed highly technical teams
• Deep subject matter expertise in threat research, classification, and attribution.
• Experience and understanding of how to leverage threat intelligence to improve enterprise customers security posture
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, working well with Program and Product managers
• Able to work independently, make decisions quickly, communicate effectively with executive leadership
• Knowledge of offensive and defensive cyber-security concepts and tactics, secure software development, incident response and/or computer forensics
• Work closely with internal and external customers for product and service improvements
• Strong understanding using MITRE ATT&CK
• Previous experience managing or participating in MDR teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and being able to present to technical and non-technical audiences alike
• Exceptional problem solving, troubleshooting, and analytical skills
• Experience working in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
FOR COLORADO-BASED CANDIDATES:
The hiring range for this position is typically $97,000.00- $165,000.00. Actual offer will be based on the individual candidate. Bonus, commission, and/or equity may be eligible for this position. Additional benefits for this position can be found at https://benefits.vmware.com/ . *Note: Disclosure of Colorado pay and benefits required per sb19-968.
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Information Security
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs