VMware DevOps CI/CD Engineer - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
VMware Carbon Black has designed the most complete next-gen endpoint security platform, enabling organizations to stop the most attacks, see every threat, close security gaps, and evolve their defenses. The CB Endpoint Security Platform helps organizations of all sizes replace legacy antivirus technology, lock down systems, and arm incident response teams with advanced tools to proactively hunt down threats. Carbon Black was voted Best Endpoint Protection by security professionals in the SANS Institute’s Best of 2015 Awards
At VMware Carbon Black, you’ll have the opportunity to make a huge impact while working alongside a global community of passionate people who are leading the way in cutting-edge technology
Things here might be exciting, fun, and challenging, but it doesn’t mean we don’t make time to elevate our careers. With a leadership team that values our people, our employees are given tons of tools to take their careers to the next level. Where will you take yours?
Why You Matter
The DevOps Infrastructure team provides Infrastructure as code to support SaaS build CI/CD tooling as well as endpoint (device/ VM lab) deployments. We’re looking for a Software Engineer who will help implement and maintain cutting-edge tooling to support these pipelines. You will be involved with implementation, maintenance and enhancement of DevOps tooling.
What You’ll Do
· Implement new features on the CI/CD Pipeline used across all services and micro services that make up the Carbon Black Cloud platform
· Support and maintain various cutting-edge tools used in our CI/CD Pipeline
· Optimize tools and processes for efficiency, cost, stability and developer productivity
· Leverage programming skills to design and develop DevOps tooling on various infrastructure platforms
· Help research and evaluate solutions for new and existing tools
· Evangelize standardized process and framework across services where relevant
· Support the extended engineering team in troubleshooting CI/CD instrumentation failures
· Collaborate across DevOps and product engineering teams to ensure a robust pipeline
· Automate CI and CD Processes
· Support virtualized and hardware labs that house our test environments and devices for sensor testing
What You’ll Bring
· 2+ years of Software Engineering and/or SRE experience
· Solid understanding of OS fundamentals (Mac / Linux / Windows)
· Experience with GitLab, GitLab CI Runners, Jenkins, Jenkins Pipelines and Artifactory
· Kubernetes diagnostic and troubleshooting experience
· Proven hands-on experience with AWS and services such as EC2, EKS, S3, VPC, CloudFront, CloudWatch
· Experience with tools such as Helm, Ansible, Kafka, Terraform, Spinnaker, Elasticsearch
· Good understanding of virtualization and experience supporting virtualized environments
· Solid understanding of networking is a plus
· Solid analytical and programming skills (Python, Go, Java etc)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent troubleshooting skills and great attention to detail
· Experience with monitoring solutions for troubleshooting
· Security Experience a plus
· Experience with Coverity, Bullseye or Black Duck is a plus
This job may require the candidate to travel and/or work from a facility that requires full vaccination prior to entry.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2022-05-16
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
- VMware Jobs