Weis Warehouse Central Fill Clerk in Milton, Pennsylvania
The primary purpose of this position is to support all patient directed pharmacy services provided by Specialty and Central Fill pharmacy. The associate will serve as the first point of contact for patients enquiring about available pharmacy services as well as proactively reach out to patients to engage them about available services. The associate will work directly with the Specialty Pharmacy team and other members of the Pharmacy Operations team to meet our customers' expectations in relation to their specialty medication needs. Responsible for coordinating patient calls to set up patient profiles, answer appropriate questions, direct calls to appropriate pharmacists, and enroll patients in services across multiple pharmacy platforms. The associate is also required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws.
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provides direct support for our Specialty Pharmacy by communicating with patients enquiring about provided patient services.
- Serves as the first point of contact for patients calling into the Specialty or Central Fill Pharmacies and provides responses to non-medication related questions and determines the appropriate action and understands appropriate situations when pharmacist intervention is required.
- Performs outbound patient calls regarding medication touch bases, pharmacy patient program enrollment, shipment scheduling, and payment.
- Provides coordination of patient onboarding for Specialty Pharmacy including setting up and updating patient profiles, documenting insurance information, performing initial screening questions, assisting with benefits investigations, and providing payment options. Actively reaches out to patients when information is missing.
- Uses and maintains a working knowledge on all required pharmacy systems and platforms needed to complete job duties.
- Maintains call control within the working environment and properly documents appropriate patient comments and information regarding interventions.
- Supports the completion of comprehensive medication reviews through pre-work up and case preparation.
- Assists in the coordination and execution of all patient care initiatives.
- Supports the Specialty Pharmacy with medication fulfillment and shipping when needed
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including patient security, privacy, and confidentiality as required by HIPAA as well as all other State and Federal regulations.
- Assist in the training of other pharmacy personnel and students.
- Performs additional job-related responsibilities and duties as necessary or assigned.
- Scheduled is Mon-Fri 8AM-4:30PM.
- Starting Rate is 15.00 per hour.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver's license for business travel purposes.