Michigan State University(MSU) Professional Aide in Michigan
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
- Become familiar with Paciolan computer software to assist with order entry and customer inquiries regarding ticket and donation accounts
- Become familiar with day to day operations of a Division I athletic ticket office, donor based priority seating, NCAA/Big Ten Conference regulations, and general accounting principles associated with collegiate athletics
- Gain experience with ARMS for ticket requests from internal populations
- Assist with counter and phone sales for all ticketed athletic events using Paciolan software
- Assist with ticket related functions for all home football, men's and women's basketball, and hockey games including sales, will call, player guest, recruit, and VIP ticket distribution
- Use Salesforce for tracking and communicating with fans interested in purchasing tickets
- Assist supervising select volleyball, soccer, wrestling, gymnastics, baseball, and softball events and complete all related reporting
- Monthly inventory of revenue and supplies
- Daily reconciliation of voided tickets
- Consistently conduct business in a professional manner, including dress and manner of speaking/writing when dealing with donors, alumni, students,
- Use time management skills to complete work assignments and meet deadlines before busy sales times and/or game days
- Other duties as assigned
• Nine-month, starting at 40 hours per week, start by appointment (willing to negotiate start dates) • Bachelor's degree completed or in process preferred, or equivalent professional work experience • Military Veterans encouraged to apply • Strong communication and organizational skills required • Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel • Paciolan experience is helpful but not required • Previous work experience in a ticket office, university athletic department or other service industry is preferred • Detail-oriented individual with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task • Must be able to work independently and in a team environment
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Resume, Cover Letter, and References (3).
Please mail, email, or fax a resume, cover letter, and three references with phone numbers to:
Spartan Ticket Office 550 S Harrison Rd 1855 Place East Lansing, MI 48823 Fax: 517.355.1610 Email: email@example.com
Might work nights and weekends