Amazon Operations Manager, AWS Support Engineering, AWS in Mexico City, Mexico
As a Support Engineering Operations Manager, your core role will be to provide leadership & management to our operations engineers. You will work hand-in-hand with senior stakeholders on opportunities to improve our operational practices. Also, work across customer organizations and multiple AWS teams to ensure customers are delivered bar raising service.
Key job responsibilities
• Define and Execute Business Priorities: defining strategic goals for the team as well as planning/documenting key projects and initiatives and tracking the progress of initiative outcomes against goals and ensuring that the team remains unblocked and focused.
• Team and Performance development: performance and career management for the team, mentor all members in order to maintain a well-rounded, world class organization.
• Operational Excellence - You will uphold and continue to drive operational excellence across the site and globe. You will drive best practices with a focus on outcomes for our customers. You will identify and own local and global initiatives that will continue to optimize our highly customer focused operational teams.
• Recruiting and Hiring
• Be the voice of the customer and work with internal AWS resources to ensure that the customer’s SLA’s are met. Raise internal awareness of customer impacting bugs and/or issues, and drive the appropriate prioritization for fixes and/or responses.
About the team
Amazon’s technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into “the Cloud”. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions with the full breadth of AWS services.
Our Support Engineering team resolves customer technical issues ranging from EC2 Linux general guidance through technical deep-dives identifying and resolving complex Big Data (EMR, Data Pipeline) configuration and 3rd party integration issues. Support engineers also develop many of their own tools and interact heavily with their peers developing the offerings. Our engineers are also involved in hiring efforts and training/develop new members as well as being the “voice of the customer”.
At Amazon, we seek to have a balanced workforce, and the AWS recruiting team is committed to being a key advocate for diversity. We value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, we seek to impact our work environment, reflecting plurality both in the business we are a part of and with the customers we serve.
Our leadership committee is made up of representatives with different roles and areas, as we understand that this mission must have different perspectives and multiple experiences. We understand the responsibility we have in our need for change and we are aware that "Success and Scale bring greater responsibility", we know that our goal is to show this throughout the entire recruitment process, including the way we communicate our vacancies to the market.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Mexico City, DIF, MEX
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, IT Degree or equivalent experience.
• 7+ years of experience managing engineering teams.
• Technical background and working knowledge of protocols (HTTP, DNS and TCP/IP) and cloud service offerings (AWS, Azure, etc.).
• Process improvement, project/program management experience in delivering key business outcomes.
• Able to communicate effectively in English, within technical and business settings.
• MBA in an engineering or IT related discipline or equivalent experience.
• Technical experience in AWS services.
• Experience handling large enterprise technical customer escalations.
• Experience as a systems administrator or software development engineer. Experience with Web services, systems administration (Linux and/or Windows), Networking, Java, Perl, Ruby, and Python
- Amazon Jobs