CDM Smith The Perry Group, Lt - Design/Build PM (chemical/process engineering) in Mesa, Arizona
* We are open to having this opening be based at any of our CDM Smith offices located in the United States. We are also considering partial or full remote schedules for this position. *
Louis Perry Group, a CDM Smith company, is seeking an experienced Engineer/Project Manager with a chemical / process engineering background. This Project Manager will have particular responsibility to lead projects in the chemical / oil & gas market for heavy industrial clients, as well as potential other projects.
A Project Manager is an experienced Engineer who can plan, organize, and control the activities of the project as well as his/her own activities to best accomplish the successful completion (on time and within prescribed budget) of all projects assigned to him/her while operating within the guidelines established by the President. Qualities of a Project Manager would include maturity, judgement, leadership, experience, and project success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Defines the scope of individual projects. Directly responsible for the quality control and design concept of the plans and specifications following our Quality Management System (QMS).
• Maintains the engineering budget, scope of work, and engineering schedule
• Communicates and coordinates with all involved in the project
• Develops integrated tasks to accomplish individual projects
• Coordinates and monitors the technical work of each task
• Coordinates the project with outside consultants
• Makes recommendation of award to client
• Coordinates the frequency of periodic visits by firm representative(s)
• Reviews all documents prepared for each project
• Monitors progress toward deliverable schedules
• Works closely with personnel from Engineering departments as necessary to ensure fulfillment of contract requirements
• Schedules design meetings and weekly progress meetings
• Attends pre-bid meeting and tabulate bid results
• Reviews and approves all Engineering (Design) Change Notices, when appropriate for the project
• Reviews and approves all Contractor monthly requisitions for payment
• Prepares monthly reports
• Prepares project closeout meeting
• Develops trust and confidence of clients
• Reports to upper management any matters that jeopardize the success of the project
• Seeks follow-up business for each project
• Upon completion of the project, is available to the field engineers, contractors and inspectors for consultation regarding the construction phase of the project
The Perry Group, Lt - Design/Build PM (chemical/process engineering)
The Project Manager must have:
• Bachelor’s degree, and
• Ten (10) or more years of relevant work experience, and
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list)
• Bachelor's degree in chemical or mechanical engineering degree w/ process experience
• experience in EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) / Design-Build firms for heavy industrial clients
The Perry Group, Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Why Louis Perry?:
The Perry Group, Ltd., a CDM Smith company, is a full-service, design-build, general construction and construction management firm. PGL provides full-service solutions - plant betterment, facilities and infrastructure improvements, comprehensive environmental and water services and specialty offerings to various industries.
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Extensive knowledge of standard practices within engineering disciplines
• Ability to analyze and prepare comprehensive reports
• Computer aptitude to include knowledge of computer-aided drafting design systems
• Ability to effectively guide and supervise the work of others
• Strong organization and communication skills
• Team player attitude
• Understanding of building materials and construction methods; knowledge of procedures for production of construction documents
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Cost conscious
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions.
Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview.
CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate.
In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.
- CDM Smith Jobs