Valero Process Control Systems Specialist in MEMPHIS, Tennessee
Maintains all Honeywell, Foxboro and Emerson systems. Installs new and upgrades existing operating systems as required in all Distributed Control Systems (DCSs). Installs new and upgrades all applications on DCSs installed in the refinery. Manages security related issues on all computers. Maintains Ethernet network. Maintains knowledge of emerging technologies. Plans for computer system capacity increases and growth. Ensures maintenance of the hardware and software of the DCSs, peripherals and interfaces, Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), and stand-alone digital control and monitoring systems which regulate the Unit processes.
- Determines proper method and approach to upgrade operating systems and/or applications. Ensures existing data is kept intact.
- Determines proper approach to troubleshooting DCS operating systems and application of software and hardware. Determines nature of problem, develops a strategy of correction, implements solution, and verifies that problem has been resolved.
- Performs software backups and other routine system maintenance tasks on all DCS computers in the refinery.
- Creates new user accounts, and assigns privileges, quotas, and other system resources.
- Manages the ethernet network to allow access of token-ring PC network as well as all other DCS users.
- Maintains maintenance support agreements with Digital and other vendors for software and hardware.
- Develops, maintains, and monitors relevant performance and accounting statistics, and makes changes to improve system performance.
- Performs system diagnostics as required.
- Writes and customizes startup and operational command procedures.
- Performs resource management activities (disk space).
- Develops and documents startup and shutdown procedures, including normal shut down, forced shutdown and end of day procedures.
- Uses troubleshooting diagnostic applications to determine problem areas and replace components as required.
- Programs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) ladder logic.
- Backs-up bulk storage devices.
- Edits reports.
- Follows all safety rules and guidelines as established by the Refinery.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
* High School diploma or GED required. * 5 years of operations, computer networking, and/or maintenance of field instrumentation required. * Associate’s degree in Industrial Computer Systems Technology preferred.
All successful candidates must be eligible to obtain a TWIC card (Transportation Worker Identification Credential). It is Valero’s policy that employees must wear this card at all times while working at the refinery. Please review eligibility criteria athttps://www.tsa.gov/for-industry/twic.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status, including race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Please be advised, if you are viewing this position on a website that lists an estimated salary rate/range, it was not provided by Valero. Valero’s market specific salary rate/range will be provided during the recruiting process and tends to be higher than what is estimated by such websites.
Primary Location: US-TN-Memphis
Job Posting: Mar 27, 2023, 10:39:39 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing
Req ID: 230014U
- Valero Jobs