FIRST STUDENT TRANSPORTATION LLC Fleet Shop Manager in Memphis, Tennessee
- Schedules and administers fleet maintenance and assists in troubleshooting problems with equipment. Communicates availability of vehicles for service with dispatch and other operations personnel.
- In relation to maintenance staff, is responsible forhiring; firing; approving salary increases or decreases; training and employee development; planning and directing the work; disciplining; handling employee complaints or grievances, and handling performance reviews. While Mgr Maintenance is required to make personnel-related recommendations, some actions require further approval.
- Works closely with the Location Manager and Region Maintenance Management providing status of maintenance and budget requirements. May review financial and budget variances, review repair orders or code, and approve account payable documents.
- Ensures compliance on a day-to-day basis with State, Federal, and Company requirements. Ensures a safe environment exists and that all maintenance and related activities are in conformance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews repair orders. May order fuel for vehicles, order parts, and subcontract repair work.
SHOP MANAGER EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical training preferred
- Possess CDL Operators license with required endorsements
- 5+ years of hands-on mechanical supervisory experience
- May require lifting of 20 to 50 lbs
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Computer skills
- Industry experience repairing and maintaining diesel engines and school bus equipment is preferred
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.