Nike Distribution Center Athlete (Material Handler) in Memphis, Tennessee
WHAT YOU BRING
• Entry level position; no prior warehouse experience required
• Must be able to read and understand detailed work instructions to complete daily tasks
• Capable of assessing the basic condition of product as it moves throughout the facility
• Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice
FULL-TIME EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
Full-time employees enjoy access to benefits that invest in their future and community, including:
• Onsite training and skills development
• Lane Four - tuition paid online degree program with the University of Memphis
• Give Your Best – charitable donation and volunteer program, with company match
• Childcare financial benefit (coming Jan. 2021)
• Employee Discount on retail NIKE Inc. products
Distribution Center Athlete (Material Handler)
Shelby Facility (5151 Shelby Drive, Memphis, TN 38118)
Starting Hourly Pay Rate: $15.00
Tuesday-Friday 6:00 AM-4:30 PM
Tuesday-Friday 5:00 PM-3:30 AM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 AM-6:00 PM
Saturday-Monday 6:00 PM-6:00 AM
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
As a Distribution Center Athlete, you will be responsible for fulfilling customer orders by loading corrugated boxes and serialized containers onto the conveyor. This is an entry level position with no experience required.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
• Retrieving full case cartons from the conveyor and stock into reserve locations.
• Retrieving units from full case cartons and load/scan into serialized containers.
• Ensuring and acknowledge quantities match requested customer order levels.
• Loading product onto conveyors for processing.
• Constructing corrugated boxes and apply shipping labels.
• Visual verification of physical appearance and condition of product.
• Supporting Value-Added-Services activities based on customer requests/orders.
• Scanning and load product into corrugated containers.
• Using RF devices to scan/complete material movements in the system.
• Placing ready-to-ship containers on the conveyor to be shipped to the customer.
• Conduct all assigned duties in a timely matter based on production standards.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will report to a department Area Manager who will be there to provide guidance and on-the-job coaching. You will work on a diverse team of employees performing various functions. Operation Specialists will distribute daily work as needed.
We may ask you to work in various departments or with additional leaders other than your assigned team. Additionally, there may be overtime as business needs warrant.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. NIKE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call +1 503-671-4156 and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information.
- Nike Jobs