Henry Schein, Inc. Quality Assurance Analyst, IS in Melville, New York
This position is responsible for performing testing tasks on a new or existing product and documenting defects found. Leverage a basic to moderate understanding of the business domains process integrations and customer needs for the success of assigned projects.
- Provide task decomposition, documentation and estimates in accordance with a basic understanding of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycles
- Provide work estimates based on the Requirements and Functional analysis
- Document test cases for all tested projects; where applicable record the test cases, test suites, and test plans designed for functional and regression testing in the test management software
- Work with testing automation experts to schedule, execute and validate testing automation jobs for assigned functional areas, coordinate tasks with automation experts where needed
- Maintain and report QA statistics (Projects, Test Plan, Test Cases, Bugs, and Rework Ratio etc.)
- Record defects found and provide sufficient information for the resolution of those defects
- Assist team members, product owners, business users and technical support in identifying and resolving customer issues and product defects
- Assist user documentation and technical support by assembling and providing concise and accurate information in regards to software functionality
- Maintain proficient knowledge and stay current with trends associated with software testing and quality assurance
- Attend all meetings necessary for the seamless delivery of the product as part of the Software Development and Testing Life Cycles
- Work with senior team members in regards to best practices with a basic ability to explain technical concepts in written and verbal form.
- Change Management
- Ability to Assist Development in reviewing the test plans, verification of test results and executing the change management request to QA and Production environments
- Basic Knowledge of Change Management software configurations and structure
Intermediate level professional; developing knowledge within own discipline. Some evaluation, originality or ingenuity required to perform tasks. Frequently apply the fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of a particular field. Apply company policies and procedures to resolve a variety of issues.
Work on problems of limited to moderate scope and impact where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors. Analyze possible solutions using standard procedures to solve straightforward problems. Exercise judgment within defined procedures and practice to determine appropriate action. Build productive internal/external working relationships.
Receive a moderate level of instruction on day-to-day work and detailed instruction and guidance on new projects or assignments.
*WORK EXPERIENCE: *
Typically2 to 4years of related professional experience.
*PREFERRED EDUCATION: *
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in related discipline.
*GENERAL SKILLS & COMPETENCIES: * * Basic understanding of industry practices * General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures * Basicplanning/organizationalskills and techniques * Good decision making, analysis and problem solving skills * Good verbal and written communication skills * Basic presentation and public speaking skills * Basic interpersonal skills * Developing professional credibility *SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS: *
- Basic knowledge of Quality Assurance testing methodologies, tools and concepts of Quality Management
- Basic ability to derive and design tests from general product requirements
- Basic knowledge of testing tools, test cases, test plans, and test suites
- Basic ability to remain current on new quality assurance processes within the software industry
- Good ability to interpret and execute test cases stored in applicable test management software
- Basic ability to problem solve/diagnose in a technical space
- Basic technical knowledge of broad business areas
- Good knowledge of applicable issue trackingtools
- Ability to keep skills current with changing industry
- Experiencewith AS400 screens and programs
*PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS: *
Typically, to advance to a new job level, TSMs must demonstrate professional behavior and should consistently be at the high-end of meets expectations or consistently exceed expectations.
TRAVEL / PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Travel typically less than 10%. Office environment. No special physical demands required.
/Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status./
Title: Quality Assurance Analyst, IS
Requisition ID: R114393