Health First Materials Management Associate II - Holmes Regional Medical Center, General Stores, Full Time in Melbourne, Florida
Provide Logistic Services to all departments and distributes medical supplies or equipment to supported customer areas in a timely manner. Services to include shipments, receiving, distribution, inventory, and materials management. Monitors and ensures necessary inventory is always in stock and current, along with managing PAR levels and maintaining a neat and organized storeroom. Organizational skills and attention to detail, computer knowledge, inventory management experience, and excellent customer service are important components of this position. Duties include management of inventory as it relates to picking products, replenishing, requisitioning, shipping, and receiving. Duties are not limited to the supply room but extend to all areas of the hospital.
Maintain high level of accuracy in the designated supply carts and inventory locations ensuring all material is placed into proper location, correct quantities, first in, first out (FIFO) material is adhered to, and proper ordering processes are followed. Ensure cycle count methods are exercised to comply with quality control guidelines.
Develop an optimum inventory level for assigned departments. Inventories and manages replenishment of various assigned supply carts located throughout the hospital in accordance with established cycles pertaining to usage. Closes the loop on all open issues and reviews the status of all open orders. Removes expired product in a timely manner.
Conduct daily review of materials back ordered or exceeding delivery standards. Coordinate critical back-order situations with the Buyer, or Supervisor for resolution.
Lead and provide input in the assessment, rebuild, and redesign of assigned inventory locations to ensure they are properly organized and labeled according to 7S principals (Sort, Store, Shine, Standardize, Sustain, Safety, Security), creating clean, uncluttered, safe and organized environment (relabeling bins and reorganizing bin locations aligned with care)
Receive supplies and equipment using Materials Management Information Systems (MMIS) and standard operating procedures. Package, label, and ship any items to alternate locations.
Work closely with Nursing/Clinicians to review assigned PAR level locations opportunities on a quarterly basis and ensure inventory is continuously optimized.
Work with and follow instructions of Supply Chain Management team in the event of recalls pulling relevant products and product conversions.
Follow appropriate supply chain processes by location, to maximize customer satisfaction in identification of cost savings from a product and inventory perspective.
Represent Supply Chain Management in the surveillance of customer service satisfaction through face-to-face interactions and complaint management to improve logistics and materials management deficiencies in customer service and experience.
Actively participate in the department's continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities pertaining to inventory management responsibilities.
Adhere to and support organization and departmental policies, programs, and procedures, as well as, adhering to the established standards of courtesy.
Perform other duties as assigned. Help other associates’ complete tasks in the materials function that are not within the job description. May require working on weekend rotation and during emergency disasters, such as a hurricane.
• Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
• Experience: One month prior work experience
• Licensure: N/A
• Certification: N/A
• Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
o Communicate effectively – verbal, auditory, written, with all levels of personnel
o Basic computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
o Perform basic mathematical calculations
o Plan and organize work in a timely manner.
o Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
o Demonstrate the values of team concept on a consistent basis
o Make fact-based decisions in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience: Previous experience in materials distribution or linen handling
• Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
o Working knowledge of materials distribution
o Able to provide instructions or work assignments to associates within the department.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (ADA, Travel, Environment, Noise)
• Physically agile; may require walking and standing for 6-8 hours daily; bending, stooping, kneeling, climbing or crouching frequently
• Medium work that may include lifting or moving objects up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, with or without assistance; Operation of various types of manual and motorized equipment used in the transportation of materials.
• May require moving self in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces, including reaching out and above shoulders or over head
• May lift, turn, pull, push, or ambulate people and/or equipment with or without assistance up to 90% of the assigned shift
• May be exposed to inside and outside environments with varied temperatures, air quality, lighting and/or low to loud noise
• May require working with biohazards such as blood/body fluids and airborne particles following OSHA and CDC Guidelines.
• Communicating with others to exchange information.
• Visual acuity and hand-eye coordination to perform tasks
• May require travel to various facilities within and beyond county perimeter; may require use of personal vehicle
Job: *Materials Management
Organization: *Holmes Regional Medical Center
Title: Materials Management Associate II - Holmes Regional Medical Center, General Stores, Full Time
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 061607