Health First Childcare Aide - Center for Child Development, Per Diem - No Experience Necessary!! in Melbourne, Florida
Our Health First Center for Child Development is looking for Childcare Aides for our Summer Camp! No Experience Necessary!!
To be fully engaged in providing a safe environment, while creating a memorable experience for the children and families of the associates of Health First. Childcare Aides would be responsible for assisting in implementing planned activities in the classroom as well as following all rules and regulations set forth by the Department of Children and Families. Childcare Aides must demonstrate a positive attitude toward working with children and a commitment to the children of Health First associates.
Maintain safety, health and nutritional procedures as determined by regulatory agencies
Facilitate infection control and maintain safe and sanitary environmen
Demonstrate the ability to solve problems
Engage in communication and develop individual relationships with children
- Foster positive interactions among children
- Encourage child-centered play that considers the interests of the children
- Follow regulations for the release of children to authorized persons
- Follow emergency procedures
- Follow procedures for maintaining a list of children in the classroom who have food allergies
- Respond to children’s injuries and report to appropriate staff member and fill out proper reporting paperwork
- Follow appropriate hand-washing procedures, including use of universal precautions, for self and children.
- Identify and attend to the nutritional needs of the children
- Follow all rules of confidentiality set forth by Health First and regulatory agencies.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with children and adults
- Assist in adapting environments and experiences to meet the individual needs of all the children
- Demonstrate respect for families’ choices and goals for their children
- Assistdepartmentmanagerinmaintainingvolume adjustedstaffing patterns.
- Assist in maintaining classroom materials.
- Demonstrate the proper procedure for hand washing according to the regulatory agencies.
Demonstrate knowledge of fire procedures, evacuation routes, and use of fire extinguisher.
- Accept assignments, as needed, to support compliance, proper ratios, and daily operational effectiveness.
- Demonstrate adaptability by rotating in and out of classrooms as needed when assigned.
- Contribute to team efforts by performing duties, sharing ideas or following instructions to achieve desired outcome.
- Support communication and procedures set forth by program director as needed.
Share ideas and suggestions to help improve daily activities and the overall operation.
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Introductory of Childcare courses may need to be completed within 90 days of employment start date.
- American Heart Association Heart Saver Pediatric First Aide CPR AED is required within 30 days of employment date and must be renewed every two years.
- Desire to work with children
Job: *Child Development
Organization: *Health First, Inc.
Title: Childcare Aide - Center for Child Development, Per Diem - No Experience Necessary!!
Location: Florida - Brevard County-Melbourne
Requisition ID: 053482