United Cerebral Palsy of Central Pennsylvania Inc. Employment Specialist (Sign-on Bonus) - Part-Time 30+ - Varied shifts (Pay Rate: $14.50/Hour) in Mechanicsburg, United States
Join TEAM UCP: We empower people to live a meaningful life through innovative support and services. $500 Sign-On Bonus for PT30+ and FT! $250 Sign-On Bonus for PT20+!
At UCP, we share a passion and a purpose: to empower people to live meaningful lives.
Our commitment to the people we support equips them to realize their full potential and live with the greatest degree of independence. But we don’t stop at changing lives. We also work to change public perception as we relentlessly pursue a vision of communities that embrace the abilities of every individual.
If you would like to start an exciting career with an organization committed to excellence and innovation, please consider joining the new UCP of Central PA team and start a rewarding career!
What you’ll do:
Assist participants to obtain and maintain community-based, competitive, independent employment.
Assist participants with the employment application and interview process; job development and training; and social skills training.
Provide on-going observation and supervision for the participant.
Complete all follow-up services, including regular contact with employers, the participant, parents and family members, guardians, advocates or authorized representatives of the participant, and other applicable professional and informed advisors; in order to reinforce and stabilize the job placement.
Ensure the consistent and timely completion of all progress reports for each program participant.
Enhance the ability of the participant/individual to lead a self-determining life by providing the support and information necessary to build self-esteem, and assertiveness; and to make decisions.
Provide assistance and support to individual(s) in activities of daily living.
Obtain knowledge of individual(s) supported desired outcomes and work to ensure they are integrated into daily activities.
Provide clear, accurate and timely records and documentation (i.e. goal documentation, progress notes, and program plans).
Network with coworkers, the community and other professionals to find better ways to include individual(s) supported in routine life activities.
What we’re looking for –
At a minimum, you’ll need:
• High school Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Certificate required. Associate’s Degree or technical certification within a related area preferred.
• A valid driver’s license with a clean record (no DUIs within the last five years).
• Access to regular use of a vehicle with valid insurance coverage.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Flexible to work all assigned work schedules including holidays, evenings, nights, and weekend hours as business needs dictate.
• Ability to read and interpret documents in English. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
It’d be great if you also have:
• Knowledge specific to the needs of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities, autism, and/or the aging population.
• ACRE/CESP certification.
External Company Name: UCP Central PA
External Company URL: https://www.ucpcentralpa.org/