Pennoni Associates Inc Staff Civil Engineer in Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Pennoni is a multidisciplinary consulting engineering firm founded more than five decades ago. We approach engineering challenges from a wider spectrum of angles than most, from land development to energy management. Our goal is to help communities and private sector clients alike navigate the ever-changing technological advancements available and learn how best to integrate "smart" solutions into the current landscape to make them a part of resilient and sustainable planning. Our combination of talent and experience generates unprecedented solutions for diverse and iconic projects around the globe.\ \ Pennoni is hiring! In particular, we are looking for a Staff Civil Engineer to contribute to our multi-discipline design projects on a full-time, direct basis at our office in Mechanicsburg, PA. This person will have the opportunity to work on a variety of public and private site development projects across various markets (i.e.: healthcare, education, office / commercial, residential, hospitality, warehousing, industrial, energy, and infrastructure)!\ \ Primary Responsibilities:
- Prepare feasibility studies, drawings, specifications, and reports.
- Design and detail of site layout, grading, roadway, and utilities.
- Design and detail stormwater management: hydrologic & hydraulic, erosion control, etc.
- Utilize advanced understanding of ordinances / regulations (local, state, & federal) as well as the relevant permitting process(es) to ensure compliance.
- Engage with regulatory agencies.
- Assist with managing all aspects of project efforts and interfacing with clients.
- Assist with nurturing existing client relationships as well as developing new clients.
- Assist with mentoring junior-level staff.
- Assist with preparing proposals and tracking project budget for profitability.
Additional tasks may be assigned, as needed.
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering (or a related discipline).
- 5+ years of professional experience working in Engineering, preferably with design projects.
- PE (we will consider candidates with EIT credentials who are able to successfully obtain their PE within 6 months of their start date).
- Experience working on greenfield / land development projects.
- Management and/or Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience working with stormwater management, especially while utilizing Hydrology and Hydraulics (H&H) modeling tools, is a plus!
- Proficiency with engineering tools (e.g.: CADD, project management software, etc.); exposure to AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or Bluebeam is a plus!
- Proficiency on standard office software applications: Microsoft Office 365 (especially Word, Excel, and Outlook), Adobe Acrobat, etc.
- Proven ability to look at the "Big Picture" as well the project goals in order to coordinate various design disciplines accordingly.
- Proven track record of demonstrating punctuality with consistent attendance.
- Proven ability to work in an energetic & challenging team environment as a collaborative Team Player, especially while maintaining the ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Proven ability to demonstrate problem-solving skills, especially when working on a variety of projects while providing solutions to difficult issues.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
Why Work With Us?\ \ At our core, we recognize that the unique qualities of our Pennoni individuals are essential for innovation and growth as a whole. Pennoni, an ENR Top 500 consulting engineering firm, offers many opportunities to help you build your career. We continually strive to build a great workplace where our employees trust the people they work for, enjoy the people they work with, and take pride in what they do.\ \ \ Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled