Walmart Environmental Health & Safety Operations Manager - Mebane, NC in MEBANE, North Carolina
1445585BRReq ID:1445585BRCompany Summary:What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Each week, over 260 million customers and members visit our 11,695 stores under 59 banners in 28 countries and e-commerce websites in 11 countries. With fiscal year 2017 revenue of $485.9 billion, Walmart employs approximately 2.3 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. It's all part of our unwavering commitment to creating opportunities and bringing value to customers and communities around the world.Job Title:Environmental Health & Safety Operations Manager - Mebane, NCTime Type:Salaried FT City:MEBANEState:NCPosition Description:The EHS Operations Manager has the overall responsibility for managing Environmental, Health and Safety improvement activities to achieve excellence at the facility level. This position will work with site’s Supply Chain team to develop the local EHS strategy and improvement plans to achieve sustainable EHS excellence by reducing injuries, illnesses, and environmental impact. This position will also have oversight of security at the Distribution Center.
Who you are!
• EHS Compliance and Regulatory Expertise.
You have a strong knowledge of OSHA, EPA and other industry EHS standards and can interpret how these standards relate to specific business situations. You recognize that regulatory compliance is a non-negotiable and have demonstrated the ability to properly maintain EHS regulatory compliance within your role’s responsibility.
• Incident Investigation and Prevention Process Experience.
You have demonstrated the ability to uncover true root causes of incidents through a prescribed Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis process such as Why-Why, 5Y, or other similar methodology. You have used DMAIC or other continuous improvement processes to implement corrective and preventive actions and quantified these improvements through Hazard Risk Assessments.
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation Strategies and Execution (demonstrated project management).
To include site security risks.You have experience using various industry accepted quantitative and qualitative EHS risk assessment methods such as Job Hazard Analysis, Job Safety Analysis, Ergonomic Assessments, Job Demand Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis, Hazard Risk Assessment, etc. You have demonstrated the ability to identify and execute risk mitigation strategies using cross-functional project teams. You have experience managing site security risks and understand and have implemented key strategies to prevent security and loss related incidents.
• Leadership Acumen.
You are able to encourage the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication. You are pro-active and strive to develop the best practices and action plans to deal with work demands.
• Facilitation and Coaching Skills.
You have a real passion for EHS – that is, you possess exceptional leadership skills and the ability to mentor and motivate. You have the capability to facilitate and coach team members to support team performance and increase knowledge of policies, procedures, and ways of working.
• Bias for Action Mindset.
You have the ingenuity to make decisions leveraging experience and knowledge of practices to lead EHS activities effectively and efficiently.
• Problem Solving/Analytical Aptitude.
You possess the dexterity to identify, prioritize and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence. You are able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. You have a keen sense of prioritization and ability to resolve conflicts where identified.
As the leader of an operational support function, you recognize the importance of and have demonstrated your ability to effectively communicate and influence your key stakeholders. You must be able to effectively form and communicate strong business cases to support EHS initiatives to garner support. You must be comfortable having courageous conversations when necessary to ensure that the safety mission is realized.
• Business & Commercial Awareness.
You exhibit the propensity to understand the business needs for change and innovation.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field (e.g., Management, Logistics, Business Administration, Financial Management, Production/Operations Management, Criminal Justice, Safety, Environmental) and 1 year experience in an operations/distribution/logistics/retail environment, supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees for multiple departments / areas OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Asset Protection Area Manager OR 3 years in a management role in Asset Protection or safety field developing and executing strategies to reduce accidents and minimize loss (e.g., accident prevention, theft deterrence, safety, fire protection and environmental management) supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing managers/supervisors; managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees OR 1 year experience as a Walmart Logistics Operations Manager.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
1 year experience monitoring and managing compliance with local, state, and federal regulations (e.g., OSHA, EPA, DOT, FDA, DEA)
Both Bachelor's Degree in an industry related field (e.g. Criminal Justice, Criminology, Safety, Environmental) and 3 years in a management role in any industry supervising, evaluating, mentoring, and developing employees managing workload; and participating in the hiring and promotion of employees
Certification in an Asset Protection related field (e.g. Loss Prevention Professional (LPP), Certified Forensic Investigator (CFI), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Occupational Safety & Health Technologist (OHST))
Category:Warehousing - Management Status:SalaryZip Code:27302Shift:0Brand:Walmart