HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) ED ER Seasonal PRN in McKinney, Texas
*Seasonal Registered Nurse (RN) *
*Emergency Department *
Seasonal Program Runs: August 1st 2021 to March 26th2022
*Seasonal RN Rate: $62.00 per hour *
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
- Completion bonus to be paid after the successful completion of 16 consecutive weeks of employment while meeting all shift requirements during that time period. Only one (1) completion bonus will be paid per 36 week season.
- All seasonal RNs are required to work a minimum of 72 hours per pay period during the seasonal period.
- Within a close geography, you may be asked to float to another facility that has an emergent staffing need.
- Four (4) weekend shifts are required each 4 week schedule period.
- During the course of the 16 week period, the employee is required to work two (2) holiday shifts (defined by Department Manager or designee).
- Seasonal Staff are PRN status employees and are subject to first call-off. There is no guarantee of hours by the hospital.
- Seasonal Staff will not be eligible for benefits, except 401(k) and retirement contribution per the PRN policy.
- Registered Nurses who are in the Seasonal program will have one opportunity to pass the clinical competency evaluation.
- Current FT/PT & PRN Level 3 employees are not eligible to join the Seasonal program for 2021-2022 with the exception of RNs that participated in the Seasonal program in 2020-2021.
- Shifts may vary based on the needs of the department.
Medical City McKinney provides comprehensive emergency, diagnostic, medical and surgical services, including cardiovascular, orthopedics, neurosciences and women’s and children’s services.Since first opening our doors over 90 years ago, Medical City McKinney is a thriving 260-bed hospitalcontinuing to lead the way of meeting and exceeding our growing community’s healthcare needs by our commitment to change and innovation.
We are proud our hospital is a Joint Commission Accredited Primary Stroke Center and is the first hospital in Dallas, Collin, Grayson and Fannin Counties to receive The Joint Commission’s Certification for Total Hip and Total Knee Joint Replacement. We are also an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers.
Medical City McKinney has built its name on providing area residents with exceptional healthcare that is both professional and personal. Our highly skilled physicians and staff members are focused on providing the most advanced and comprehensive healthcare available today...and for generations to come.
/ /Job Description/:/
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse is responsible for planning and providing individual goal directed nursing care that promotes, advocates for, and strives to protect the health, safety and rights of the individual, family and community. The ED nurse possesses knowledge of the principles of growth and development and the particular skills necessary to provide optimum patient care to the population for which he or she is employed. The RN is accountable for their practice and care coordination. The RN is expected to practice autonomously utilizing evidence based practices.
Medical City McKinney Emergency Room Offers: •Emergency care 24/7 •Assessment and treatment for people of all ages •Board-certified or board-eligible emergency physicians •Specially-trained nurses •Primary Stroke Center •Chest Pain Center
We are proud to offer: - Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance Plans - Paid Time Off - Short Term & Long Term Disability - Tuition Reimbursement - 401K - Student Loan Forgiveness - Employee Assistance Program - Employee Recognition Programs - Discounted tickets at many local attractions - Discounts to various retail stores and more….
Required Job Qualifications include: * Current licensure as an RN * Must have a minimum of two years recent experience as an RN in the ER in a hospital environment * Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider. * ACLS Certification Preferred. * Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. * Customer service abilities including effective listening skills. * Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment. * Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: *Registered Nurse (RN) ED ER Seasonal PRN *
Location: Texas-McKinney-Medical City McKinney
Requisition ID: 06264-149268