Rochester Regional Health Medical Technologist - Massena Hospital in Massena, New York
HOW WE CARE FOR YOU
At St. Lawrence Health, we are dedicated to getting health care right. Our robust benefits and total rewards foster employee wellbeing, professional development and personal growth. We care for your career while caring for the community.
- Same Day pay through Daily Pay
- Paid vacation & holiday pay
- Medical, dental, vision, hearing benefits
As a Medical Technologist, you play a key role in supporting patient safety and high quality clinical outcomes through precise specimen analysis, reporting and troubleshooting.
Join the Massena Hospital (MH) team and be part of our mission to provide top-notch healthcare to our community! Massena Hospital is a vital part of our community, offering exceptional healthcare services in a welcoming and compassionate environment. We are an acute care facility with 25 beds, providing a wide range of medical, surgical, and pediatric care.
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Massena Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory Services
SCHEDULE: 8hr shifts
- BS in Medical Technology or BS in a related Science (Biology, Chemistry, or The Physical Sciences) and/or equivalent relevant experience as recognized by New York State Department of Education for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Technologist. (NYS Dept of Education, Education Law, Title 8, Article 165, sub-parts 79-15; 9/23/8).
- Previous experience in a Clinical or Pathology Laboratory a benefit, but not required.
- Certification by American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication and evaluation skills
- Exceptional documentation skills and attention to detail
- Analysis & Reporting. Perform precise specimen analysis and report results accurately, following established procedures; recognize deviation from expected results, analyze and correct problems using scientific principles; complete QC Action Logs, preventative maintenance logs and pending lists daily
- Training & Development. Assist with training new personnel on responsibilities in the laboratory; evaluate progress of training; make recommendations for training methods and content
- Evaluation. Continuously assess work processes and make suggestions for improved work methods and ways to increase efficiency, reduce costs and solve operational problems; monitor departmental reagent inventories
PAY RANGE: $26.50 - $42.00
The listed base pay range is a good faith representation of current potential base pay for successful applicants. It may be modified in the future. Pay is determined by factors including experience, relevant qualifications, specialty, internal equity, location, and contracts.
Rochester Regional Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Minimum Salary: 26.50 Maximum Salary: 42.00 Salary Unit: Hourly