HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Clinical Nurse Coordinator Telemetry in Margate, Florida
Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Registered Nurse (RN) *
*Full-Time Days FTE 0.9 *
*Northwest Medical Center
_$10,000.00 SIGN-ON ELIGIBLE_ External candidates only. * * Facility Description:
Northwest Medical Center is a 289-bed medical center and healthcare complex, continuously expanding and incorporating the latest technology in the delivery of care. Awarded the Gold Seal of Approval™ from the Joint Commission which indicates our high standards in performance providing the highest level of services to the population to our community. Northwest Medical Center is also certified by the Joint Commission as a primary stroke center and an accredited chest pain center by the American College of Cardiology. We are recognized as a Comprehensive Bariatric Center of Excellence by the American College of Surgeons Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
Our facility continues growing to meet the needs of the community we serve and features expanded capabilities in an emergency, critical care, as well as women’s and children’s services. Our state-of-the-art maternity care includes the only Level III NICU in northern Broward County. The breadth and depth of these service lines translate to increased professional opportunities for our colleagues. We invite you to join a dynamic team of dedicated healthcare professionals and explore your growth potential.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Northwest Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family's needs. Some of the unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate Clinical Nurse Coordinator for our Telemetry Unit. The Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high-quality, patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors, and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and models a commitment to the organization’s vision/mission/values to support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes that contribute to overall departmental performance. As a Clinical Nurse Coordinator-Registered Nurse(RN) in the Telemetry Unit, some of your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize, and deliver high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Exercise judgment and provides direction regarding patient care assignments using established policies/procedures.
- Operationalize evidence-based practices to enhance patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Support the achievement of internal/external benchmarks, accreditations, and designations.
- Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures, and regulatory standards.
- Ensure equipment maintenance is performed regularly and according to regulatory and/or accreditation standards.
- Assist with admission and discharge processes to ensure efficient throughput and high-quality, patient-centered care.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment of the quality of patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with other members of the management team.
- Reflect core values when interacting with co-workers, patients, family members, and others in the community to foster an environment where employees are engaged and where patient care is unparalleled.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and other leaders to create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes and service.
- Ensure compliance with evidence-based practices that enhance patient experience and customer service.
- Support a patient-first philosophy and engages in service recovery when necessary.
- Support the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Lead in a way that inspires commitment to the vision/mission/values of the organization.
- Function as a resource person for staff members. Provides coaching, feedback, and training to improve performance and engagement.
- Provide recommendations related to interviewing, selecting, and training new staff. Recommend and implements courses of action, including training and development, conflict resolution, personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations, and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively superior organization.
- Resolve and/or channel employee grievances, disputes, or concerns according to appropriate procedures. Escalate issues as needed.
- Supports physician partnerships.
- Represent the organization positively within the community; participates in company-supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Assist with staff scheduling. Manage all practical aspects of staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established productivity guidelines.
- Support proper inventory control and assists with managing supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.” Apply Today!
Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Florida o or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject to Florida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoing eligibility and duration provisions).
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Advanced Life Support Course (ALS or ACLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and certification.
- American Red Cross or American Heart Association Pediatric Life Support Course (PALS) and certification.
- Two (2) years Associate Nursing degree (ASN) required.
- Four (4) years Bachelors Nursing degree (BSN) preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of nursing experience in a hospital setting ad supervisory experience required.
- Meditech experience preferred.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Clinical Nurse Coordinator Telemetry
Location: Florida-Margate-Northwest Medical Center - North Broward County
Requisition ID: 00456-7816