Cree IT Deskside Support Technician in Marcy, New York
IT Deskside Support Technician - Marcy, NYJob DescriptionIT Deskside Support Technician
Mission Statement – To mature our processes and services to deliver the high-value customer service experience and business value that is expected from Cree IT while optimizing cost.
The entire IT Service Management team works closely with other IT groups, external vendors and managed service providers to ensure we are providing the best IT experience to our Customers. This position will work to ensure Cree is always covered with adequate production support (24x7x365), including on call coverage when required. Technicians are expected to provide prompt customer service and quick response times to IT support requests and follow the established methodologies and processes within IT Service Management.
Qualified candidates will ensure the delivery of quality support with a high degree of customer satisfaction, technical expertise and timeliness; while capturing all work within the ITSM ticketing system. Individuals must be able to use strong methodical troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities, be detail oriented, extremely organized, and handle tight time frames.
- Perform operational tasks needed to keep the lights-on by taking appropriate and timely corrective action as required; conveying a sense of urgency and drive issues to closure; persisting despite obstacles and opposition; while ensuring that short-term results are a means to achieving long-term strategic objectives.
- Provide IT support for resolutions to hardware, software, OS, telecomm, and network related issues
- Log and prioritize tickets based on the impact and urgency of the incident reported
- Investigate, diagnose, and resolve incidents at first contact when possible.
- Resolve backlog of support requests by priority, then on a first in first out basis, providing detailed documentation and updates of troubleshooting performed. Provide periodic customer updates until the incident is resolved.
- Escalate and/or route tickets to appropriate IT Teams or team members as needed
- Ensure business defined incident SLAs are met
- Update central knowledge base with workarounds and known issues
- Assist in updating documentation of current processes and procedures
- Work closely within IT to coordinate service needs, dependencies and impacts to ensure appropriate time utilization in accomplishing tasks on (or ahead of) schedule, and that issues are escalated appropriately.
- Image workstation with Windows OS and install any requested standard software packages.
- Move hardware from one location to another following defined desk setup standards and activating network ports as needed. This includes deploying new hardware to a customer's desk, moving existing equipment to a new location, and reclaiming hardware as needed.
- Properly tag assets and ensure they are added to our CMDB.
- Ensure all Changes are captured in our CMDB throughout the lifecycle of the device.
- Delete devices following a defined retirement process that includes backups and e-cycling.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the IT industry
- Ability to diagnose and repair various IT end user hardware related issues
- Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and MS Office Suites
- Experience with various hardware related issues including replacing all hardware components
- Experience with various OS and software related issues including BSOD, system freezes, poor system performance, and ambiguous application errors
- Strong methodical troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience using an IT Service Management Technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication abilities; ability to successfully provide both technical and functional instructions to a non-IT user using non-technical jargon.
- Associates or Bachelors degree
- 2 years of experience in a Customer Service industry
- Certifications: ITIL certified on v3 or 4+; A+ Certification
- Hands-on experience in the following:
- Manufacturing Production environment support
- Experience troubleshooting remote access solutions including RSA, VPN and/or Citrix
- ServiceNow fulfiller experience version New York or higher
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) experience
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cree | Wolfspeed is a powerhouse semiconductor company focused on silicon carbide and GaN technologies.
After more than thirty years of forging new technology adoption and transformation, our Wolfspeed® power and radio frequency (RF) semiconductors are leading the industry through unrivaled expertise and capacity.