CBRE Senior Managing Director, Host Sales & Solutions in Manhattan, New York
Senior Managing Director, Host Sales & Solutions
Manhattan - New York - United States of America
*About Host *
Designed to complement CBRE’s GWS offering, the Host mission is to create and scale people-led, technology-enabled services that increase individual well-being, personal productivity and organizational effectiveness in our client’s workplaces. Put simply: our goal is to help people work smarter and delight in doing it.
Host is a diverse team of creative, engaged and highly-motivated individuals who are passionate about disrupting workplace experiences from inside the world’s largest real estate services organization and changing employee expectations about what it should feel like to come to work every day.
In partnership with Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) Divisional leadership and Sales and Solution teams, you’ll be responsible for formulating and growth strategies that scale the Host service model to meet or exceed our business plan. The successful candidate will lead business development programs and initiatives in a matrixed environment, accountable for the deliverables and outcomes of a global team. She or he will also be a “player/coach” and act as the market-facing representative of CBRE on issues related to workplace experience trends, strategies and best practices. Responsible for leading the overall performance of a matrixed Host sales team
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
· Geography - global oversight and accountability in a matrix environment
· Products – growth of both digital and experience services
· In partnership with Global Workplace Solutions (GWS) Divisional leadership and Property Management executives, be responsible for formulating and implementing business development strategies based on the strategic directions and targets of the business; lead business development programs and initiatives, accountable for the deliverables and outcomes. Responsible for leading matrixed Host sales team and overall performance.
· As a player/coach, engage new and existing clients to deploy Host;
· Actively engage and lead our largest, most strategic deals. Leads interactions in a client-facing role in large, regional and global pursuits, renewals and expansions.
· Collaborate with existing CBRE sales and solutions teams, and existing accounts, to win, keep, and grow revenues and SOP;
· Coordination and governance of sales activity throughout the sales process including qualification, discovery, proposal, pricing presentation and negotiation.
· Be accountable for a Host’s global sales target, which is expected to grow significantly year-over-year;
· Collaborate to refine the Host go-to-market strategy with influence on product, brand, and marketing strategies;
· Be a member of the Host global leadership team and the Global SCS senior team
· Reports to – Global President, GWS Sales and Solutions
· Performs other duties as assigned
Manages the planning, organization, and controls for division/area or department. Responsible for a mix of direct and/or matrix reports. Approves recommendations for staff recruitment, selection, promotion, advancement, corrective action and termination. Effectively recommends same for direct reports to next level management for review and approval. Monitors appropriate staffing levels and reports on utilization and deployment of human resources. Leads and supports staff in areas of staffing, selection, training, development, coaching, mentoring, measuring, appraising and rewarding performance and retention. Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Complex solutions sales or consulting experience required, commercial Real Estate or outsourcing experience preferred
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university. MBA preferred.
Minimum of 7 - 10 years of related experience in finance, consulting, or analytics preferred.
Experience must include a minimum of 7+ years business development experience, developing outsourcing solutions, pricing and org development models. Previous people management and leadership experience necessary including managing in a matrix environment.
Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret the complex business and legal documents including contracts and RFP documents.
Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues
Executive presence required; ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups.
CERTIFICATIONS and/or LICENSES
Relevant professional licenses (e.g., RICS, IAOP, COP, etc.) preferred.
CoreNet membership and participation in local and regional events desired
Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take desired action.
Excellent listening skills with the ability to effectively assess client needs
Demonstrated customer relationship management experience
Requires advanced financial and analytics skills to review commercial models and pricing.
Candidate should be able to prioritize key initiatives, develop business cases for budgets and reserve investments to align operational units towards common business development goals.
Provides recommendations to executives that impact a line of business.
Ability to solve problems involving several options in situations. Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
Technically savvy with solid experience in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Outlook.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Decisions made with in-depth understanding and interpretation of authority matrix, company policies and business practices.
Responsible for setting project, department and/or division deadlines.
This position will ideally be based in a major US market such as Chicago, New York, Seattle, Atlanta, San Francisco or Washington DC, although other locations will be considered, depending on the candidate
Candidate must be willing to travel up to weekly, including occasional international travel. Travel is often client driven and therefore difficult to plan.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)
- CBRE Jobs