Manhattan Area Technical College Adjunct Opportunities for Consideration in Manhattan, Kansas
This job was posted by https://www.kansasworks.com : For more information, please see: https://www.kansasworks.com/jobs/12837062
Adjunct Faculty provide course instruction in a manner that ensures student comprehension, retention of knowledge, and positive effective student engagement. In collaboration with other Manhattan Area Technical College (MATC) faculty and instructional staff, to ensure this position demonstrates an understanding of course content in its specified discipline, adopts appropriate instructional methods, and possesses pedagogical insight that includes robust instruction and communication practices. Teaching assignments may vary depending on the specific qualifications and expertise of the individual.
- Demonstrates a thorough and accurate knowledge of the field or discipline and displays an ability to interpret and evaluate theories.
- Connects subject matter with related fields and remains current in subject matter.
- Maintains current certifications as appropriate.
- Provides students with a complete syllabus containing course outcomes and competencies.
- Adheres to current approved departmental course outlines.
- Plans and organizes instruction in ways that maximize student learning.
- Employs appropriate teaching and learning strategies, including appropriate technology when available.
- Presents enthusiastic, well-prepared, organized, and clear lectures and classroom activities consistent with the course syllabus.
- Modifies, where appropriate, instructional methods and strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Encourages the development of communication skills and higher order thinking skills through appropriate assignments; promotes the development and effective use of skills in areas such as critical and analytical thinking, evaluation, communication, computation, problem solving, and decision-making.
- Communicates subject matter to students within a positive learning and teaching atmosphere.
- Teaches ethical work practices.
- Possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of all MATC policies and maintains student discipline within policies and procedures.
- Effectively uses technology tools including, but not limited to, MATC Online, e-mail, MS Office, Internet.
- Develops evaluation methods that effectively measures student progress toward objectives.
- Evaluates and utilizes student work to promote maximum learning.
- Provides the student with timely information and feedback on his/her academic progress relative to quizzes, tests, homework, and projects.
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date records of student academic performance and progress.
- Ensures courses meet current standards and are scheduled in accordance with MATC policy.
- Prepares, distributes, and submits syllabi based on current approved department course outlines for all assigned sections in accordance with college policies.
- Maintains confidentiality of student information.
- Exercises stewardship of MATC facilities and materials.
- Assists in curriculum development and textbook review/selection.
- Assists in maintaining all lab equipment and leaves classrooms in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Maintains accurate grades, attendance, and other required paperwork.
- Attends meetings and events as required by MATC administration.
- Responds in a timely fashion to information requests and required reports from college and program administrators (e.g. last date of attendance report, rosters, grades, assessment data, all state/vocational reporting requests).
- Supports both adjunct and full-time colleagues.
- Documents and request needed supplies through appropriate procedures.
- Allows students to complete surveys when requested in a t mely manner.
- Participates in lesson plan review and documentation.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
NOTICE OF SPECIAL POSITION OF EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS
1. This position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of all duties and results to be performed in this position. Duties and Performance standards may be added, subtracted, and/or changed by your supervisor at any time due to changes in department or institutional requirements.
2. Unless exempt due to employment contract signed by the President, all employees of Manhattan Tech are to be considered as an at-will employee.
3. All employees of Manhattan Tech are considered responsible employees pertaining to Title IX regulations concerning both prevention and reporting of sexual assault or harassment situations. As such, all employees must communicate with the Title IX Coordinator if they witness or hear about sexual assault or harassment situations.
4. Manhattan Tech is an equal opportunity employer and complies with EEOC and ADA employment requirements. Manhattan Tech grants equal opportunity to all qualified persons without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, gender, age, n