Fiserv IT Services Administrator, Tech Lead in Madison, Wisconsin
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1) Provide technical guidance, direction and leadership in a technical leadership position
2) Maintenance of all necessary ITIL practices in accordance with Fiserv policy
3) Application release / upgrade preparation and execution
4) Optimized request turnaround for DNA and surround product requests
5) Coordinate the installation of new data center clients, using multiple Open Solutions application products, into test and production
6) Establish data center polices and ensure adherence to corporate IT and compliance standards
7) Review, develop project plans, certify and install new releases and system updates for a growing financial institution client base supporting multiple high availability applications.
8) Maintain a working knowledge of how various applications operate, how they interact with one another, skills to identify production errors and familiarity of the organization to contact the appropriate individual to correct issues.
9) Maintain ‘best practices” change control procedures to ensure preauthorization and accurate record keeping for all application level changes.
10) Diagnose and respond to customer support service call requests.
11) Attend various product meetings to discuss status of new client installations, provide timelines as they pertain to new release installations, and access client requests.
12) Ability to meet flexible work schedules which are determined by installation of new clients and product releases / upgrades.
13) Focus on continuous improvement through automation, re-engineering and streamlining to reduce risk/exposure and optimize upgrades/installations
14) Troubleshoot issues for applications by reviewing application logs, IIS logs, Event logs.
15) Perform advanced research and testing in order to resolve production related incidents.
16) Use / configuration of enterprise tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace and Moogsoft
17) Experience with baseline performance transaction testing
18) Review service and performance compliance to documented standards.
19) Performs other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
• Education – Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Computer Science
• Certifications – N/A
• Minimum # years’ experience required - 6
• Type of work experience required – 6 years
• Experience in installation, upgrades, configuration and troubleshooting of ‘packaged application code/solutions’ to internal / test and production environments
• Previous application deployment of the DNA / surround product applications is considered an asset
• A technology leader with vision and a view to continuous improvement
• Experience in Incident, Problem & change management
• Performed Database Refresh tasks for Test and Production Servers
• Familiarity with ITL and SDLC life cycle phases
• Install/execute and fine-tuned Stored Procedures, SQL Queries and User Defined Functions.
• Handled Performance Tuning and Optimization with strong analytical troubleshooting skills for quick issue resolution in mission-critical environments
• Strong working knowledge of Windows operating environment
• Strong working knowledge of IIS
• Strong Understanding of networking concepts
• Strong understanding of Windows internals
• Extensive experience with SQL programming language and scripting
• Oracle Database Knowledge
• Ability to work on complex technical issues
• SQL, PL/SQL, and Hyperion SQR Production Reporting
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education: .
• An approach to your work that is self-directed and highly motivated.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
• Proven research and analytical skills.
• Strong documentation / transition skills
• Good Knowledge of risk awareness, knowledge of risk/audit disci
- Fiserv Jobs