WAYLAND BAPTIST UNIVERSITY Adjunct Instructor MISM (Lubbock Campus) in LUBBOCK, Texas
Adjunct Instructor MISM (Lubbock Campus)
LOCATION:Wayland Baptist University
SUPERVISED BY:Dean or Executive Director/Campus Dean
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (Part-Time)
POSITIONLONGEVITY:This is a one semester position and continued employment for this position is not guaranteed.
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Adjunct Instructor will work under the supervision of the Dean or Executive Director/Campus Dean. As a part-time faculty member of WBU he/she will represent the Universitys academic and spiritual emphases to the students, faculty, staff, and the community in a manner consistent with the Universitys mission and purpose.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Prepare and teach one 3-hour course according to our syllabi.
- Assist in promoting the academic programs and involvement with community activities.
- Fill out an assessment following each composition class.
The above statements are not a complete list of all responsibilities and duties performed by employees in this job. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned by the Dean or Executive Director/Campus Dean.
A completed Wayland Baptist University application for employment with statement consistent with WBUs Christian mission.
- Masters Degree required in area of MISM or any masters degree with 18 graduate hours in area of instruction.
- Terminal Degree preferred.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Recent high school or University experience as an instructor is preferred.
- Endorsement by the Dean or Executive Director/Campus Dean and the Executive Vice President.
Skills and Abilities:
- Written and verbal communication.
- Proficiency with computer software and educational projection equipment.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Employment is subject to an introductory period to monitor employee performance. If hired, the prospective employee must present documentation within three (3) days of hire date to establish their identity and employment eligibility as required by Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE). Employee must be able and willing to travel and teach at external campuses. Must be able to operate a licensed motor vehicle, have access to a dependable motor vehicle, and possess a valid state drivers license. Must have and maintain a satisfactory drivers record.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.