UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Site Reliability (SRE) & Network Engineer in Lowell, Massachusetts
Site Reliability (SRE) & Network Engineer
Lowell - Massachusetts - USA
Software & Product Development
Description & Requirements
UKG is seeking an experienced Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) capable of integrating into a seasoned Network Engineering team responsible for the development, management, deployment, and maintenance of our cloud platform services. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced well-rounded engineer to be an integral part of an enterprise-scale cloud initiative. The ideal candidate would have extensive and proven experience with developing Site Reliability Engineering practices that include, but are not limited to, native cloud platform services, Linux based system and services supporting the core solution within a global, large scale environment that is serving a significant volume of large enterprises. The candidate will have a deep passion for evolving processes and technologies, strive to innovate, have an “automate everything” mindset and will be relentless in their pursuit of a flawless customer experience.
• Develop a standard set of Site Reliability Engineering and DevOps metrics for each service, product and technology that are core to the platform of the solution
• Develop SLO, SLI and SLAs that drive a continual improvement in performance, reliability, resiliency, recoverability, supportability, and capacity management in accordance with SRE principles and Cloud best practices
• Develop and mentor team members on Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps practices
• Engage and improve the entire lifecycle of services from conception, including design, consulting, and capacity/performance planning
• Provide oversight and management of advanced Cloud platform and infrastructure services to meet the organization's current and future requirements.
• Lead and contribute to blameless postmortems, including root cause analysis and long-term proactive improvements, for highly technical, complex issues
• Linux based infrastructure services (web, NFS, sftp, DNS, LDAP etc.)
• Cloud IaaS, CaaS & PaaS (Google GCP, GKE, etc.)
• Serve as lead to provide guidance to network engineers and proactively manage systems, identify performance issues proactively and support management
• Develop direct relationships and actively engage with Cloud and Engineering architecture teams to drive product improvements through recommended changes to Cloud services and or POC emerging technologies
• Increase operational efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of Cloud services support by implementing improved tool sets and leveraging improved technologies (Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, etc.)
• Work within strict time frames and handle escalated incidents with heightened urgency within an environment that’s incredibly focused on our Customers’ Experience
• Handle off-hour escalations as needed and take part in on call rotation
• Demonstrable experience in Site Reliability Engineering
• 4-year technical degree or equivalent experience
• Must have at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in large customer facing Cloud environments, 4+ years of experience in supporting Network Infrastructure and/or Linux based platforms; including routing/switching, firewalls, and protocols such as TCIP/IP, UDP, TLS, OSPF and PGP
• 2+ years of experience with Public Cloud Infrastructure and associated Network technology (Google/AWS) including VPC, Shared VPC, Load Balancing, etc.
• Expertise in designing and delivering infrastructure services is mandatory
• Hands on experience with bash shell, python, Java and/or other scripting, as well as working with container-based deployments (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
• The position requires knowledge of cloud-native technologies as well as knowledge of infrastructure related technologies like DNS, SMTP, SFTP, Security Protocols, Automation and Orchestration (CI/CD)
• Experience with disaster recovery and business continuity
• Ability to communicate effectively emphasizing written and oral presentation skills
• Familiarity with ITIL processes and experience in working within a SOC/ISO controlled environment would be an advantage
Here at UKG, Our Purpose Is People. UKG combines the strength and innovation of Ultimate Software and Kronos, uniting two award-winning, employee-centered cultures. Our employees are an extraordinary group of talented, energetic, and innovative people who care about more than just work. We strive to create a culture of belonging and an employee experience that empowers our people. UKG has more than 13,000 employees around the globe and is known for its inclusive workplace culture. Ready to be inspired? Learn more at www.ukg.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ultimate Kronos Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive considerations for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, and any other legally protected status under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
ViewThe EEO is the Law poster (https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm) and its supplement .
View thePay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_%20English_formattedESQA508c.pdf)
UKG participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify postershere (https://www.e-verify.gov/sites/default/files/everify/posters/EVerifyParticipationPoster.pdf) .
For individuals with disabilities that need additional assistance at any point in the application and interview process, please email UKGCareers@ukg.com or please call1 (978) 250 9800.
UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group)
- UKG (Ultimate Kronos Group) Jobs