Hall Contracting Of Kentucky Asphalt Plant Operator in Louisville, Kentucky
Title:Asphalt Plant Operator
Job Location:Louisville, KY
More about this job >
HALL CONTRACTING OF KENTUCKY, INC.
The Plant Operator is responsible for safely operating and maintaining the asphalt plant.
• Determine and order proper quantities of materials needed to produce asphalt.
• Manage all stock materials
• Adjust controls to regulate the flow of materials.
• Ensure the plant is operating at the proper temperature.
• Communicate with quality control personnel and adjust material blends as needed.
• Monitor inventory levels of all mix materials.
•Meet daily production schedules at asphalt plant.
• Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the asphalt/plant construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
• Assist to ensure that all company policies and safety standards are followed and implemented
• Troubleshoot, problem solve, and successfully discuss production problems with co-workers and supervisors.
• Accurately complete plant reports and other documentation as needed. Enters reports into computer system.
• Communication to management regarding all plant issues
• Maintain good customer relations with customers on an ongoing basis.
• Must have the initiative, ability, and willingness to perform and assist with other job positions for job completion as requested.
• Train current / new employees on all plant operations and procedures including maintenance and troubleshooting as needed
• Assist with plant maintenance
• Help maintain cleanliness of the plant site
• Able to adjust to heights
• Good mechanical aptitude when it comes to repairing / fabricating equipment
• Welding is a plus
• Electrical/Electronics is a plus
• Work may be performed in an environment with exposure to extremely hot materials, fuel, fumes, vapors, dust, grease and oils, as well as loud and/or constant noise and exposure to moving equipment
Education and Experience
• The ideal candidate will have 2 or more years of Plant Operator experience. • Must have excellent verbal, oral, and written communication skills. This job requires the ability to communicate successfully with field crews. High School Diploma or GED preferred. Applicant must have no felonies that are violent in nature and/or theft related in the last 7 years. Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site.
• Must have the ability to handle several projects at once, while maintaining tight deadlines.
• This job requires high attention to detail, including the ability to perform basic math calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division. Comprehension of basis percentages is necessary in order to successfully calculate quantities of materials used to make asphalt.
• Continuous mental and visual attention is necessary to safely and effectively complete work tasks.
• Must have reliable transportation and have the ability to travel. Periodic evenings, nights, weekends, and overtime hours are expected.
• Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
• Ability to lift and carry, on a frequent basis, at least 50-90 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours of work vary based on project needs. Overtime as required.
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application.
Disclaimer: this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Women and Minorities encouraged to apply
VERRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired