Kaiser Permanente Transportation Aide in Los Angeles, California
Under immediate supervision, transports patients, medical equipment, laboratory specimens & supplies within all areas of the medical center.Essential Functions:- Upholds KP's Policies and Procedures, Principles of Responsibilities and applicable state, federal and local laws.- Transports patients (pre-operative, post-operative, Hemodialysis, etc) by wheel chair or gurney within the medical center.- Picks up routine and STAT requests for laboratory specimens, blood, equipment, supplies, and other appropriate materials (medical or other) including data reports on regular routes or as required and delivers to appropriate location in hospital facility.- With an escort by a security officer, transports expired patients to the morgue.- Picks up soiled patient equipment and supplies from nursing units and transports to central processing.- Transports equipment from NICU to central processing as requested.- Performs CPR and responds to code blue pages as necessary.- Performs other related duties as required.
Pay Grade: 21
• Six (6) months of previous experience in general patient care/hospital transportation.
• HS Diploma/GED preferred.
• Valid CPR certification, if not currently certified, incumbent must receive within thirty (30) days of hire.
• Nursing Aide certification, preferred.
• Valid Class C California driver's license, preferred.
• Current California driver record information sheet, preferred.
• Must have a driving record free of accidents involving the applicant's negligence, preferred.
• Also free of citations w/ forfeit of bail for driving while intoxicated or driving while under the influence of drugs or reckless driving, preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to follow written & oral directions.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
TITLE: Transportation Aide
LOCATION: Los Angeles, California
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
- Kaiser Permanente Jobs