PRIDE Industries Lead Engineer SRO in Los Angeles, California
PRIDE Industries is a fast-paced company with a mission: To Create Jobs for People with Disabilities while providing high quality, value-added solutions to our nationwide customers. We are currently recruiting to fill the following position:
*Job: * Lead Engineer SRO
*Job Code: * V99-J2-Lead Engineer SRO
*FLSA Status: * Non-Exempt
*Approval Date: * January 2021
There are no direct reports with this position.
Under limited supervision, the Lead Engineer performs the following skilled and technical duties; installing, maintaining, replacing, repairing, operating, or assisting in operating all heating and ventilation equipment, engines, motors, combustion engines, pumps, air compressors, ice and refrigerating machines, air conditioning units, fans, siphons, also automatic and power-oiling pumps and engines. Employees in this job class shall comply with all federal, state and PRIDE’s safety policies when performing work. This job class requires comprehensive knowledge of installed equipment maintenance and service.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement and repair of all boilers, heaters pumps, valves, appurtenances, and lines used in the distribution of steam and heated or processed water.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement and repair of refrigerant compressors, condensers, evaporators, traps, transfer pumps, expansion valves, stop valves and float valves, together with all refrigerant lines and devices used to control temperature, and air conditioning systems in their entirety.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of pumps handling brines or other secondary refrigerating liquids together with all valves, appurtenances and lines used in the system.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of air compressors, together with distribution lines and all valves and devices for air control.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all natural and manufactured gas distribution lines, including all valves and devices for air control.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement and repair of water filters, softeners, piping, and pumps used in conjunction with water distribution, including all sinks and toilet bowls, including all supply lines, drains, waterlines, control devices and sprinkler systems.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all types of electrical motors and engines used to power pumps, compressors, and fans.
- Performs maintenance of elevators, man lifts, escalators, and hoist ways except where this type of equipment is serviced and maintained by specialized contractors, and only where the Engineer is properly licensed to do so.
- Performs all electrical work and repair.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all fuel oil systems including pumps, valves, lines, and controls.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of building automation systems for HVAC, including consoles, data gathering panels, remote sensors and indicating devices.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all mail conveyor systems excluding tenant owned systems.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement and repair of sanitary sewer systems, sump pumps including basins, water closets, urinals, and piping.
- Performs maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of trash compactors, including electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Performs maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all kitchen equipment excluding tenant owned equipment.
- Performs operation, maintenance, installation, replacement, and repair of all life safety related equipment.
- Researches and solicits vendors for repair parts and preventative maintenance parts for stationary equipment.
- Acts as a liaison between the customer and work control to accomplish service orders in a timely manner.
- Maintain records of equipment performance and analyze to enhance system performance and equipment longevity.
Performs other duties and special projects as assigned.
* Denotes Essential Job Function
Four years of journey-level experience operating, maintaining, and repairing HVAC/boiler equipment or a combination of training, education, and experience that provides the required knowledge and abilities of a universal CFC License;
Completion of the Union’s Supervision for Chief/Assistant Chief Engineers;
Operating Engineer Apprenticeships, Technical Program Certifications, or Prior Military training in Building Automation Systems (BAS), Central Utility Plant (CUP) operations preferred; Knowledge of the methods, tools, and equipment used in the repair of heating and air conditioning equipment in buildings and structures;
Through knowledge of operating principles, efficiency optimization practices, and compliance requirements of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment;
Ability to use computerized energy management software;
Ability to use basic arithmetic;
Ability to recognize and locate conditions which require repair and maintenance work;
Knowledge of the tools necessary to fulfil the duties of the engineer, including special equipment necessary to operate, install, maintain, and repair equipment;
Ability to communicate effectively and respond to questions and requests;
Effective written communication skills using appropriate business English;
Computer literacy to use business software, the Internet, enter data/retrieve data;
Human relations skills to build effective working relationships;
Demonstrated customer service, problem solving and commonsense skills.
For Lead Engineer:
- Four years of experience directing building engineers or other trade crews in the daily performance of tasks.
High School Diploma or GED
*CERTIFICATES REQUIRED: *
The following licenses or certificates may berequired depending on local, state and/or contract requirements:
CA-NV AWWA Backflow Cert
Fire Safety Director Cert
Valid Driver's License
Employees must have the ability to perform the following physical demands for extended periods of time with or without assistance:
• Maneuvering to and around equipment
• Standing and walking
• Bending, stopping, kneeling, and reaching
• Liftin or move boxes or equipment (up to 35 pounds)
• Climbing ladders
Working is performed at a customer. Employees may be required to work in confined space and may also be exposed to toxic substances, electrical shock noise from equipment and depending on external weather conditions wind, rain, cold and heat. Frequent travel to various worksites is required.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to this job. Employees are expected to follow their supervisor’s instructions and to perform the tasks requested by their supervisors.
At PRIDE, we make a difference in the lives of many, one job at a time.
How to Apply
If you are interested in working for this unique organization that blends business with a social mission, please apply online at www.prideindustries.com .PRIDE Industries is a VEVRAA federal contractor committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Visit our website to learn more!
PRIDE will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
PRIDE will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of all federal, state, and local laws.
Job ID 2021-12832
Type Full Time Regular
Location US-CA-Los Angeles