Hilton Cook 1 - San Laurel - Conrad Los Angeles in Los Angeles, California
Be a part of the newest luxury hotel in downtown LA,Conrad Los Angeles (https://www.hilton.com/en/hotels/laxavci-conrad-los-angeles/)! As part of the highly anticipated billion-dollar project,The Grand LA (https://www.thegrandla.com/), this will be the 7thConrad Hotel in the U.S. and the 1stin California.
Located in the most exciting state-of-the-art development to come to DTLA, this luxurious 28-story hotel will have over 300 rooms, a spa, 16,000 square foot rooftop with a pool deck, 12,000 square feet of event space, and 4 food and beverage outlets. This includes a signature restaurant, outdoor restaurant, lobby bar, and in-room dining all in partnership with Chef Jose Andres' award-wining restaurant group, JoseAndresFoodGroup (https://thinkfoodgroup.com/) .
The Grand LA combines lifestyle, arts, and culture to provide a truly unique experience in Los Angeles. It is at the epicenter of downtown LA’s cultural corridor across from the Walt Disney Concert Hall with two towers, a 45-story residential and 28-story hotel , and more than 176,000 square feet of retail space anchored by chef-driven restaurants and a collection of shops, entertainment, and hospitality.
Want to get an inside look? Take avirtual tour (https://www.thegrandla.com/explore-grand/vr-tour).
In this role as a Cook you will be responsible for preparing food items in accordance with recipes and established standards in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding service.
The Ideal candidate will have a minimum of (2) years of cooking experience in a hotel/restaurant environment required.Good working knowledge of accepted standards of sanitation. Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment following proper using manuals or chefs’ instructions. i.e., stoves, ovens, broilers, steamers, kettles, etc. Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurement, requisition amounts and portion sizes. Ability to read, write and speak English language in order to complete requisitions read recipes and communicates with other team members. Sufficient manual dexterity of hand in order to use all kitchen equipment, i.e., knives, spoons, spatulas, tongs, slices, etc. Ability to work in confined spaces. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges. Must be a great team player. Be able to accomplish repetitive task or duties and following Conrad culinary recipe.
What will I be doing?
- Prepares all food items according to standard recipes and/or as specified on guest check to ensure consistency of product to the guest. Visually inspects, selects and uses only food items ideal cooking, in preparation of all menu items.
- Checks and controls the proper storage of product, monitoring age and condition of all food items to rotate and maintain highest quality. Keeps all refrigeration equipment, storage and working areas clean and clutter free, complying with Health department regulations.
- Prepares daily requisitions for supplies and food items for production.
- Reads and employs math skills to follow recipes.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands (http://jobs.hiltonworldwide.com/our-brands/index.php) . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
The Benefits – Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits.Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education: Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
* Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable.
The hourly rate is $22.50 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Title: Cook 1 - San Laurel - Conrad Los Angeles
Requisition ID: HOT090TB
- Hilton Jobs