System One Case Manager in Los Angeles, California
Well known non-profit agency is looking for an Interim Housing Case Manager
Under the direction of the Program Manager, the Case Manager is responsible for completing intake, service coordination, and triage for individuals seeking services through the Coordinated Entry System for families.
• Always maintain a safe environment, complying with Agency and industry standards and safety regulations.
• Coordinate with other project staff and partners to provide housing placement services and supportive services to facilitate the client’s successful transition to permanent housing and coordinate services to foster housing stability during and beyond interim housing.
• Work with the Housing Locator Teams to locate housing and secure housing.
• Verify participant meets either category 1 or 4 of HUD’s final rule on “Defining Homelessness” and documents homeless status in HMIS.
• Provide a housing-first model to assist participants in becoming self-sufficient and obtaining permanent housing through referrals.
• Conduct case management meetings with participants at least twice a month.
• Case notes must be entered in HMIS within 24 hours in DAP format.
• Provide support to participants through individualized case management including but not limited to support with completing housing applications.
• Case Manager will work collaboratively and communicate with Housing Navigation staff no less than once a week if providing services to the mutual clients.
• Staff must create the participant’s record in HMIS at the same time the participant is determined to meet program eligibility requirements within 24 hours.
• Complete Exit Plans for all participants assigned to the case manager.
• Staff must update the participant’s housing status within twenty-four hours of any change.
• Bed attendance must be tracked and entered HMIS each night the participant is physically residing in a bed/unit.
• Staff must update information, track services (i.e., Housing Stability Plan creation/updates) and referrals, and complete case notes on services provided to the participant within 24 hours following the provision of the services.
• If the participant has exited to a permanent housing destination, the following areas must be updated with the permanent housing date and complete address:
Program Entry Page
Status Assessment Update Page
• Work with the client to complete an individualized housing plan and budget to ensure the household can sustain housing after the subsidy.
• Attend weekly case conference meetings.
• Collaborate and coordinate with DMH, DPSS, LAUSD, Work Source, and SUD providers.
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation in client files for service coordination/case management, housing placement, rental assistance, and move-in assistance.
• Provide the Program Manager with all required client information and assessment outcomes.
• Assist in training and provide support to staff, providers, and other project partners participating in the project.
• Prepare reports in accordance with program requirements and Division policies.
• Ensure compliance with HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2, and other funding requirements.
• Perform other duties as needed
• Overtime, holiday, or weekend work may be required.
Skills, Experience, Education and Abilities:
2 years of Case Management and homeless program experience preferred.
Experience working with homeless individuals and families.
Associate’s degree in social services or other administrative, business, or housing field preferred.
Experience working with homeless families and children, DCFS as well as an experience with placing homeless families into permanent housing.
Experience using HMIS and at least one year of rapid re-housing experience preferred.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other database programs.
Knowledge of resource development, case management, and documentation.
Ability to work with clients from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
Reliable transportation is required.
Very stable and reputable organization, team environment, room for advancement, excellent benefits.
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, TPGS, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering workforce solutions and integrated services across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible full-time employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
- System One Jobs