Eaton Corporation Assembler/Tester B - 1st Shift in Los Angeles, California
Eaton’s AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems division is currently seeking a Assembler/Tester B - 1st Shift.
The hourly rate for this position is $20.40 - $30.60 per hour.
Please note the salary information shown above is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate skills, experience, and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
What you’ll do:
Assemble and test routine mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and top assemblies of simple to moderate product line that includes but is not limited to commercial parts for customer such as Boeing, Embraer, Gulfstream, Cessna, and Airbus. May occasionally work on electrical assemblies and solder.
Assembly and test mechanical assemblies, subassemblies, and top assemblies. Ensure activities are performed correctly and proper tooling and documentation is used. Requires little to no supervision.
Organize data and prepare test reports.
Perform lock wire/safety wire and nameplate.
Proactively identifies best practices.
Must have the ability to utilize hand tools such as, but not limited to, pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, depth micrometers, calipers, lockwire pliers, dial indicators, pressure gauges, flow meters, multimeters, test boxes or specialized test equipment as needed.
Proficient interpreting blueprints, wiring diagrams, testing schematics, verbal, and/or written instructions.
Perform cross training when required.
Material preparation including lapping of surfaces with proper tooling techniques and compounds.
Perform visual inspection, identify any defective items and handle according to established procedures.
Use test equipment to perform in process testing and final Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs).
Assist in process improvements
Adhere to operational procedures and ensure tooling is in calibration before use.
Maintain clean and safe work area. Adhere to all safety rules and regulations
Other duties as assigned. May be temporarily reassigned to cover workload in other areas of production as necessary.
• High School diploma, GED or equivalent from an accredited institution is required
• 2 years’ experience in assembly and test within a manufacturing environment
• 2 years’ experience in aerospace manufacturing
• No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
• Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call us at 1-800-836-6345 to discuss your specific need. Only accommodation requests will be accepted by this phone number.
We know that good benefit programs are important to employees and their families. Eaton provides various Health and Welfare benefits as well as Retirement benefits, and several programs that provide for paid and unpaid time away from work. Click here (https://www.eaton.com/content/dam/eaton/company/careers/US%20Benefits%20updated%2010.24.22.pdf) for more detail: Eaton Benefits Overview. Please note that specific programs and options available to an employee may depend on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs