Jacobs Associate Director Systems Engineer in London, United Kingdom
At Jacobs, we'll inspire and empower you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow. With more than 55,000 people in 40+ countries, working at Jacobs offers an exciting range of opportunities to develop your career within a supportive and diverse team who always strive to do the right thing for our people, clients and communities.
People are Jacobs’ greatest asset, and we offer a competitive package to retain and attract the best talent.
In addition to the benefits you’d expect, UK employees also receive free single medical cover and digital GP service, family-friendly benefits such as enhanced parental leave pay and free membership of employee assistance and parental programmes, plus reimbursement towards relevant professional development and memberships. We also give back to our communities through our Collectively program which incorporates matched-funding, paid volunteering time and charitable donations.
Work-life balance and flexibility is a key focus area for Jacobs. We’re happy to discuss hybrid, part-time and flexible working hours, patterns and locations to suit you and our business
About the Opportunity
The Integrated Systems Assurance Team are a key part our People & Places Solutions business, working on a varied range of projects, both within the UK and internationally, assisting our clients with the delivery of their products, projects and programmes - safely, effectively and efficiently. The team is a highly motivated, inclusive and diverse group, responsible for providing systems engineering, technical system safety, reliability, dependability and risk management services to highly regulated industries, including rail, water, aviation, aerospace, government, energy and processing.
You will be able to work across a range of activities at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle. You will thrive on doing something different every day and be comfortable with ambiguity. You will have a strong desire to learn new things.
The System Assurance Team is distributed nationally, supporting our clients globally. We are a progressive and flexible team and offer the opportunity to work from home, business needs permitting.
Typically, you will be involved in:
• Concept development of systems solutions.
• Development and management of system requirements including the use of tools such as DOORS.
• Development of abstract architectures to describe systems, using tools such as SparxWorks.
• Design process engineering for hardware, software and mixed technology systems.
• Systems safety engineering and RAM activities.
• Systems integration, including structuring and partitioning of complex systems.
• Systems performance evaluation and its application to verification and validation.
• System Integrity analysis including resilience and impact assessment.
• Systems qualification and acceptance.
#UKSystemsEng #UKRail #UKTransportation
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• A minimum of a technical Degree, equivalent qualification or experience
• Broad experience of Systems Engineering activities in a complex, safety focussed and regulated organisation with multiple complex interfaces. Ideally in rail (e.g. heavy, metro or light) or a similar regulated environment (e.g. aerospace or nuclear)
Ideally, here’s what you’ll also have:
• Corporate membership with an appropriate professional institution (e.g. INCOSE, SaRS, IET, IMechE).
• Professional qualified or working towards professional qualification (e.g. IEng/CEng)
• INCOSE recognised status, e.g. Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP)
• Systems migration planning
• Working experience of setting up and enabling Enterprise Architecture and Modelling activities for complex ‘System of Systems’ (SoS) projects
• Experience in the application of systems assurance standards such as EN 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129, IEC 61508 etc.
• Experience in SPARX Enterprise Architect, Cameo Systems Modeler ™, IBM® Rational® Rhapsody® Architect, Capella or other similar MBSE tool
Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees. Find out more about life at Jacobs. (https://careers.jacobs.com/life-at-jacobs/)
We aim to embed inclusion and diversity in everything we do. We know that if we are inclusive, we’re more connected, and if we are diverse, we’re more creative. We accept people for who they are, regardless of age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental health, race, faith or belief, sexual orientation, socioeconomic background, and whether you’re pregnant or on family leave. This is reflected in our wide range of Global Employee Networks centred on inclusion and diversity – ACE, Careers, Enlace, Harambee, OneWorld, Prism, Vetnet, and Women’s – find out more about our employee networks here. (https://www.jacobs.com/about/inclusion-and-diversity?_ga=2.1062705.1096535124.1626879887-1704311048.1575562676)
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.com to view and access our roles. As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role
If you require further support or reasonable adjustments with regards to the recruitment process (for example, you require the application form in a different format), please contact the team (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2) .
Your application experience is important to us and we’re keen to adapt to make every interaction even better. We welcome feedback on our recruitment process and if you need more from us before deciding to join Jacobs then please let us know. (https://www.jacobs.com/contact/careers2)
- Jacobs Jobs