Kalmar Solutions Global Category Senior Manager, Electrification in Ljungby, Sweden
Job Function: Sourcing
Global Category Senior Manager, Electrification
Kalmar keeps global trade moving. Our innovative solutions contribute to every fourth container movement in the world and help transform the future of cargo handling. We believe in collaboration, delivering on our promises and that people make the difference.
Do you want to make your next move count? With us, you can.
Are you ready to take the helm and lead a revolution in the world of electrification? We're on the lookout for a visionary Global Category Senior Manager, Electrification to shape the destiny of our Global Electrification category! This role isn't just a job; it's a chance to sculpt the future of energy across multiple divisions worldwide.
In this pivotal role you will lead the global category including the coordination work of the cross functional team located in divisions that co-creates and Implements the Global Category Strategy. You will also drive the category strategy and translate business strategy into an aligned one incorporating the Kalmar, Divisions, Operations and Sourcing strategies into the category strategy and drive the strategy across divisions globally.
The Category leader will create synergies and drive sustainability and decarbonisation improvements among divisions through the category strategy in order to maximize total acquisition cost together with sustainable and operational performance across Kalmar to secure benchmark total cost of ownership as well as driving profitability and growth.
Through Category Leadership you will drive:
● Leading new thinking and approaches to category vision and leadership that delivers continual
growth, customer satisfaction, return on investment and solutions for customers, divisions and suppliers
● Bringing Category analytical discipline, innovation, disruptive technology, new business opportunities, process improvement, and cost efficiencies
● Providing insight to the business division(s), R&D, & Operations on how to best develop and leverage Supplier capabilities for the organization(s)
● Leading change for the organization to continuously adapt to a dynamic business environment, organizational challenges and ever-changing priorities.
This is a fully remote position with location Ljungby or Gothenburg, Sweden and worldwide travel is required.
Main tasks and responsibilities
●Develop, drive and implement the Kalmar Global Category Strategy incorporating all requirements from key stakeholders
● Align category strategy with sourcing, supply chain, MAU, R&D and business requirements
● Strategic Supplier Selection coordination aligned with the Category Strategy and sourcing governance models
● Support New Technology development through suppliers
● Drive supplier KPI’s including Quality, Delivery and Cost
● Incorporate sustainability into strategy
● Assure warranty coverage and claim suppliers
● Lead Supplier Relationship Management
● Assess Supplier Qualification
● Attain Category Market Intelligence and share with the businesses
● Proactively identify risks and develop mitigating activities to reduce exposure
● Optimize the supply base
● Optimize the Global Category footprint
● Negotiate and then implement Supplier agreements based on cross functional team identified requirements
● Reduce Working Capital
● Support services Strategy Execution including branding to increase capture rate and spare part revenues
● Deliver yearly cost reduction and performance targets aligned with Kalmar target objectives.
What you’ll need to succeed
● Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or Engineering, MBA preferred.
● At least 8 years of experience in Procurement, Strategic Sourcing, and Supply Management
● Sourcing experience with Electrification components, systems, modules.
● Strong Negotiation and relationship building skills
● Successful collaboration with key stakeholders and ability to maintain relationships at the executive level
● Strong presentation and writing skills
● Ability to gather relevant information systematically; consider a broad range of issues or factors; grasp complexities and perceive the relationship among problems or issues; seek input from others
● Build an effective team committed to organizational goals; foster collaboration among team members
● Demonstrate resourcefulness to effectively leverage and focus resources across organizational/geographic boundaries.
● Full understanding of cost breakdowns
● Understanding of the supply chain and cost drivers for the category
● Knowledge of Strategy building and implementation.
● Management experience gained in a large multinational company with a matrix organizational structure essential
● Budget and business plan development and implementation
● Extensive experience in working with global teams and executing manufacturing/sourcing transfers is necessary.
You will be part of
We believe in our people as it is our people who really make the difference. We always work in close collaboration with our customers, deliver on our promises and never walk away no matter how big the challenge. We succeed because we do it together.
With us, you will have the opportunity to realise your potential and become an important member of our global team.
●We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package geared to boost health and wellbeing
●All our employees are offered comprehensive Learning & Development opportunities, annual development plan and career progression opportunities
●You will have flexible working hours and remote work.
At Kalmar, you will join a truly international working environment and support making global trade faster, smarter and more sustainable - smarter cargo flow for a better everyday.
Interested to join?
For further information please contact Bartosz Jurkiewicz, VP Sourcing, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are excited about this opportunity, please submit your application by 03.03.2024!
Please note that the recruitment process for this position is coordinated by our HR team part of Cargotec Business Services based in Bulgaria.
Please note that the interview process may begin before the closing date of the job posting.
Kalmar is part of Cargotec
Kalmar is the global leader in sustainable cargo handling for ports, terminals, distribution centres and heavy industry. With our extensive electric portfolio and global service network, we help our customers move towards safer, more eco-efficient and productive operations. Together, we develop innovative solutions that shape the future of our industry, improving our customers’ every move. www.kalmarglobal.com
Kalmar is part of Cargotec. Cargotec's (Nasdaq Helsinki: CGCBV) sales in 2022 totalled approximately EUR 4 billion and it employs around 11,500 people. www.cargotec.com