Lockheed Martin Firmware Engineer Staff / FPGA & Board Design / Syracuse, NY in Liverpool, New York
Description: At Lockheed Martin Rotary & Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Will perform FPGA firmware architecture and design. Designs will include some digital signal processing, messaging, control and high speed communications. Devices will include Xilinx FPGAs, including the Xilinx Kintex 7. Will be interfacing with program leadership and teammates on a regular basis.
Travel may be required, as this position is expected to fill a role at the Lockheed Martin, Marion, MA site for a period of time, followed up by transitioning to a position at Lockheed Martin, Syracuse, NY.
• Experience in FPGA architecture and design
• Applied knowledge of Xilinx devices and their associated application environments.
• Possess technical expertise to implement designs without appreciable direction.
• Experience with FPGAs, Microprocessors, DSPs, and Interface Controllers.
• Successful candidate may develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity applied to FPGA design and/or board design.
• Some project leadership experience
• Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
• knowledge of digital signal processing functions, (radar, electronic warfare, and sonar)
• Extensive VHDL firmware programming capability
• Xilinx Vivado development
• Build and test an executable hardware implementation of written code.
• Use of the Mentor Questasim or Modelsim simulator
• Experience with MATLAB modeling
• Any Experience with Higher level code development, (Simulink HDL Coder and/or Xilinx System Generator)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs