Golden State Dermatology Mohs Technician in Livermore, California
Job Title: Mohs Technician
Location: Livermore, Merced, Modesto
In the midst of health care consolidation, Golden State Dermatology (GSD) was founded to maintain a relatively independent model of practice. GSD is physician owned and led and is rapidly growing with 13 locations in the San Francisco Bay Area and California’s Central Valley. There are plans to continue growing in these markets and across the Western United States.
GSD is a leading and comprehensive medical, surgical, and cosmetic dermatology and plastic surgery medical group. We specialize in conditions of the skin, hair and nails, Mohs micrographic surgery for the treatment of skin cancer, surgical and non-surgical cosmetic skincare, anti-aging, body contouring, and plastic surgery. GSD provides excellent and personalized care to all of its patients.
Life, Accidental Death and Dismemberment, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
401(k) retirement plan
• Receives and organizes incoming specimens.
• Properly performs grossing techniques to ink and embed tissue ensuring complete representation of vital surgical margins and maintain proper orientation.
• Prepares sections of human tissue for immediate examination using rapid tissue processing and frozen section technique to freeze, cut, mount and stain tissue specimen received from surgery.
• Perform initial screening under microscope to ensure tissue preparation meets laboratory requirements.
• Reports deviations from norm or any abnormalities to the Mohs surgeon for further study.
• Documents daily equipment maintenance and temperature checks.
• Reports any needed repairs to the unit Manager.
• Performs Quality Assurance testing as specified in the Laboratory Procedures.
• Orders reagents and all other laboratory material to ensure adequate supplies.
• Evaluates equipment and reagent systems as specified in the Laboratory Procedures.
• Maintains manual and computerized logbooks and slide files.
• Maintains Laboratory Procedures in compliance with CLIA and State of California regulations.
- This position does require travel and working in different locations as follows: Merced 2 days, Livermore 2 days, and Modesto 1 day per week.
Experience • 30 months of experience as a Histotech and demonstrated proficiency in Mohs cutting and staining techniques as approved by the Mohs Surgeon. Demonstrated ability to perform and troubleshoot the Hematoxylin and Eosin stain used in Mohs surgery specialty area.
California Driver’s License. Able to support multiple locations, travel between San Francisco East Bay and Central Valley locations: Primarily Livermore, Modesto and Merced, CA.
• Associate of Science degree. License, Certification, Registration
• Certified Histologic Technician or Histologic Technologist by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) or the equivalent society, as approved by the Chief of Pathology or the Mohs Surgeon/ Mohs Lab Director required. Additional Requirements:
• Ability to work in a fast pace, high volume Mohs department
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Ability to write simple correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The Central Valley Area:
The Central Valley of California epitomizes the farm-to-table movement with locally sourced produce and wine. The Valley has a wide variety of live entertainment, events, and attractions fit for activity-lovers, foodies, and families. It is close to Yosemite and the Sierras with winter skiing and Lake Tahoe.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or visit www.goldenstatedermatology.com.