Lumen Security Architect - Solution Sales - Central/West in Little Rock, Arkansas
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As the Security Solution Architect, you will generate sales opportunities for a specific product/service within prospect accounts and identify upsell opportunities within existing customers. The Security SA is a champion internally, translating industry best practices, trends, and customer needs back to peer groups in Operations, Marketing, Product, Service Delivery, Architecture/Engineering, etc. to facilitate ongoing, actionable improvements to the suite of products in which they specialize. The SA maintains current knowledge of industry trends, topics, methodologies, and core technologies in order to assimilate customer needs and design appropriate technical solutions
The Main Responsibilities
• Advance security solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications
• Attend customer meetings in person and via the phone
• Interact independently with all levels of customer's management team to drive new sales.
• Design technical security solutions that meet the customers' business objectives by mapping to Lumen products
• Clarify ambiguous requirements with sales or clients, ensuring the solution resolves underlying client issues
• Provide guidance and alternatives to customer’s requirements and interpret customer requirements based on limited information.
• Assist in identifying key technical influencers at existing customers and pursue marketing generated sales leads to close new business with prospective customers
• Manage a forecast and funnel for product specific opportunities within assigned territory.
• Review customer business requirements developed directly or by sales/sales engineering
• Interact with sales/sales engineers, customers, and security solution partners on large complex deals.
• Coordinate customer implementation with service delivery organization and provide design clarifications.
• Proactively identify areas of process and design improvement within specific product area and contact impacted departments to recommend potential solutions.
• Liaison with internal groups such as Service Delivery, Offer Management, Product, Marketing, Architecture, and Capacity Planning to relay customer requirements and develop deliverable solutions
What We Look For in a Candidate
• 5+ years of relevant experience in Security Architecture
• Demonstrated understanding of advanced applications within this area of technology with extensive knowledge of competitive offerings and trends
• Proven track record of success attaining sales quota through leveraging technical relationships to up-sell existing customers and calling on new leads/prospects to generate business within an assigned territory
• Experience utilizing Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or other solution selling methodologies.
• Pre-sales experience including needs identification, qualification, and solutions design specifically with certain product/application
• Advanced written and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to work with multiple levels of decision making.
• Expert problem-solving skills and ability to methodically understand and resolve complex issues with the ability to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Must be able to build strong team relationship and easily transfer technical information
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and on multiple projects simultaneously
• Very detail oriented and demonstrate a high degree of accuracy
• Advanced knowledge and usage of computer business applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint required
• Bachelor's or Master’s degree in engineering or related field
Requisition #: 250511
When applying for a position, you may be subject to a background screen (criminal records check, motor vehicle report, and/or drug screen), depending on the requirements for the position. Job-related concerns noted in the background screen may disqualify you from the new position or your current role. Background results will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
NOTE: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the anticipated base salary range for this position based on current national data. Minimums and maximums may vary based on location. Individual pay is based on skills, experience and other relevant factors.
This position is eligible for either short-term incentives or sales compensation. Director and VP positions also are eligible for long-term incentive. To learn more about our bonus structure, you can view additional information here. (https://jobs.lumen.com/global/en/compensation-information) We're able to answer any additional questions you may have as you move through the selection process.
As part of our comprehensive benefits package, Lumen offers a broad range of Health, Life, Voluntary Lifestyle and other benefits and perks that enhance your physical, mental, emotional and financial wellbeing. You can learn more by clicking here. (https://centurylinkbenefits.com)
Note: For union-represented postings, wage rates and ranges are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreement provisions.
Salary Min :
Salary Max :
This information reflects the base salary pay range for this job based on current national market data. Ranges may vary based on the job's location. We offer competitive pay that varies based on individual experience, qualifications and other relevant factors. We encourage you to apply to positions that you are interested in and for which you believe you are qualified. To learn more, you are welcome to discuss with us as you move through the selection process.
- Lumen Jobs