Kiewit Telecommunication and Automation Engineer - Kiewit Power Delivery in Lenexa, Kansas
Requisition ID: 171071
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: Kiewit Power Engineering
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Power Engineers has an immediate opening for a motivated Network Engineer to join our growing Networks and Grid Automation team in the Power Delivery department! As part of this team of highly specialized design professionals, you will support a variety of substation, transmission, industrial, and infrastructure projects in both engineering detailed design and Engineer, Procure, Construct (EPC) projects for clients throughout the country.
Kiewit Power Delivery is a full-service engineering and construction solutions provider operating across North America. Our experience and expertise span all aspects of the transmission and distribution market from high voltage overhead and underground transmission to distribution and automation design and construction capabilities. With these broad capabilities, we operate in the electric utility, renewable energy, industrial, and oil, gas markets. As part of Kiewit, we are integrated with 135 years of construction and engineering experience that provides holistic solutions, differentiating our team from the rest of the industry.
Our rapidly growing power delivery business has opened new locations across North America to strengthen our market presence while executing work within the communities that we live. We have invested in industry leading design technology and platforms while also expanding our construction equipment fleet with the most advanced, and safest equipment on the market. We are committed to building upon our history as one of the safest companies to work for by equipping our craft with the best tooling and safety programs available.
We are an innovative team that prides itself on continuous improvement and always delivering on our commitments to our clients and ourselves. Our staff collaborates with Kiewit’s vast internal network of resources that span heavy civil and infrastructure, vertical and commercial buildings, mining, as well our oil and gas and power generation markets, to drive safe and cost-effective solutions that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of Lenexa, KS. This position will require <15% travel.
• Provide overall project coordination and engineering oversight on assigned critical communication networks and automation projects.
• Develop specification for the procurement, installation and testing of network and cybersecurity equipment.
• Apply engineering application software to complete engineering tasks such as optical link loss analysis, equipment configuration, circuit coordination, and thermal analyses.
• Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager, customers, and other stakeholders.
• Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) in electrical or computer engineering from an ABET accredited university
• At least seven years’ experience performing engineering related duties
• Knowledge of engineering standards including IEC, IEEE, NERC CIP, NESC, and NEMA
• Professional Engineer (PE) preferred
• Legally able to work within the United States for any length of time
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; fluent in English
We offer our fulltime staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Kiewit Jobs