Cracker Barrel Director of Accounting in Lebanon, Tennessee
At Cracker Barrel, our mission is Pleasing People. This is evident from the moment you walk through our doors, with the first smile that greets you, from the items in our retail store to the food on the table, we welcome you home!
We have an amazing opportunity available to lead our accounting team as the Director of Accounting!
This individual will direct multiple accounting activities for indirect support of our stores, including labor (e.g. payroll, benefits, compensation, accounts payable, payroll tax) and general accounting (e.g. accruals, prepaids, corporate P&L).They will partner with Financial Planning and Analysis personnel to lead Accounting’s role in forecasting.
Responsible for developing, maintaining, and monitoring accounting policies and procedures including the design of tools and models to measure the accuracy and reasonableness of various accounting estimates, allocations, reserves, and cash forecasts. Develops and implements the strategy necessary to meet the current and future accounting needs of the organization and responsible departments. This individual will supervise two managers, each with staff; and report to the Corporate Controller.
• Directs, develops, and maintains staff to ensure that deadlines, accounting/financial standards, and cash management objectives are met. Ensures support of established key initiatives by providing timely and accurate financial information. Researches, interprets, and provides recommendations concerning generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and ensures the organizations compliance with GAAP. Works directly with Information Services in developing and implementing new systems and processes for responsible departments.
• Directs the departmental responsibilities for monthly, quarterly, and year-end closing of accounting periods and financial records in order to meet required deadlines, ensure accuracy of financial statements, and provide financial statements to Senior Management, department heads, and external auditors. Works with Retail and Inventory Accounting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Revenue, and Tax in coordination of the closing process. Coordinates with Legal, Marketing and Compensation and Benefits regarding certain estimates and accruals necessary in the closing process. Plans, directs, and organizes the year-end financial statement audit with the external auditors.
• Directs the labor and home office accounting departments and provides the department with the strategy necessary to ensure the teams are continually providing value in a timely manner.
• Works with the leadership of Financial Planning and Analysis to develop tools and reports needed for accurately projecting earnings. Works closely with the Vice President of Finance to evaluate various strategic alternatives in the areas of forecasting, resource management, reconciliation systems, and other special projects. Develops and implements departmental budget designed to effectively use company resources and ensure organizational requirements are met.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred but not required.
• Bachelor's Degree from an acredited university in Accounting, Business, or equivalent form of study.
Knowledge and Skills
• 15 years of accounting experience, 5 of which in a supervisor role. (Restaurant Preferred) (Publically Traded company prerferred)
• Thorough knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of all aspects of general accounting including financial statement
• Reporting, presentation, revenue and expense recognition, balance sheet reporting and classification, accounting changes and leases.
• Strong computer skills.
• Knowledge of accounting systems functions and reporting tools.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and prioritizing skills.
• Excellent decision making, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Managerial skills.
NOTE: Racism, either overt or perpetuated through unconscious bias, has no place at Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, and both our Mission and People Promise are firmly rooted in the principle of valuing what everyone brings to the table. Our employees work hard to ensure that our brand, which is grounded in genuine hospitality and nostalgia, represents only what is good about those things. While our décor and food may harken back to earlier times, our inclusive culture and beliefs about equality and diversity do not.
Street 2: 307 Hartmann Drive
Street: Home Office
External Company Name: Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc.
External Company URL: www.crackerbarrel.com
Store #: 001
In compliance with federal and state equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other class expressly protected by law. Qualified applicants are considered for employment according to the laws of the respective state of employment. If you feel this policy has been violated, you may report such instances to the Employee Relations Department online (http://www.crackerbarrel.com/contact-us/employee/ ) or toll free at 1 800-333-9566.
Cracker Barrel does not unlawfully discriminate in hiring. If you are interested in applying for a position and need a reasonable accommodation during the application process, please contact (1-800-333-9566) so that we can work with you to reasonably accommodate you. Note that individuals who have any hearing impairment will be reasonably accommodated in the application process.
- Cracker Barrel Jobs