MID-SIOUX OPPORTUNITY INC Teacher - Le Mars in LE MARS, Iowa
Teacher for Early Head Start in Le Mars
- 40 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
- Eligible for benefits including IPERS
- Valid driver\'s license, insurance and reliable transportation required.
- Any of the following:
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or Child Care Supervision and Management.
- Bachelor\'sDegree in Education w/Early Childhood Endorsement.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential for Infant and Toddler Caregivers.
``` - Able to stand, walk, sit, bend, stoop, push and pull regularly. - Lift up to 15 pounds often; lift up to 30 pounds occasionally; lift over 30 pounds rarely.
- Center based work experience with pre-school age or infant and toddler children preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Be knowledgeable of Head Start/Early Head Start Service Plan, Procedures, Performance Standards and Iowa Licensing Regulations.
- Must be able to relate to low resource preschool children, families and staff in a positiv manner.
- Work cooperatively with Program Specialists to ensure that each Head Start/Early Head Start child and family receive the full benefits of the program.
- Maintain staff to child ratio and ensure childrens safety at all times.
- Maintain a healthy and safe learning environment for children and families.
- Assume teaching responsibilities with Team Leader/Teacher.
- Provide an educational indoor and outdoor learning environment by following the High Scope, PBIS and 2^nd^Step curriculum to ensure school readiness.
- Collect anecdotal notes that are current, ongoing, factual, and objective on children and enter into the Teaching Strategies online GOLD.
- Use ongoing assessment information to improve curriculum implementation and individualize learning experiences.
- Complete required home visits with all families.
- Attend IEP/IFSP meetings.
- Chaperone on the transportation bus as needed.
- Effectively communicate with parents on an ongoing basis including face-face, newsletters, phone calls, etc. with documentation of all communication.
- Affirm the parent role as the primary educator of their child.
- Complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Responsible for contributing to a positive and productive work environment.
- Be responsible for the complete operation of the center in absence of Team Leader/Teacher.
- Help in meeting in-kind requirements by HS/EHS Standards.
- Be willing and able to substitute in other HS/EHS classrooms/centers and on the bus as needed.
- Follow cleaning procedures to maintain a clean and sanitary classroom andoffice.
- Attend at minimum 15 hours of trainings for professional development requirements.
- Able to work flexible hours without direct supervisions, including some evenings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Conditions of Employment:
- Submit to the Department of Human Services Criminal History and a Request for Child Abuse Information Records Check prior to employment and every two (2) years thereafter.
- Submit to FBI National Fingerprint Criminal History Check prior to hire and every four (4) years thereafter.
- Submit to a Motor Vehicle Records check prior to employment and every two years thereafter.
- Complete a DHS Physical Exam prior to employment.
- Complete a Tuberculosis Screening or Assessment prior to employment.
- Complete mandatory reporter training within 90 days and every 3 years thereafter.
- Adhere to HS/EHS Standards of Conduct.
- Sign and maintain required confidentiality statement.
- Must have a valid drivers license, insurance and reliable transportation.
- Attend required in-services, trainings, orientations and meetings.
- Must be able to complete job duties as described with reas nable accommodations.