APL Logistics Americas, Ltd General Manager I, Contract Logistics (CLS) (United States) (1st Shift) - LaVergne TN 210000Q9 in LaVergne, Tennessee
The General Manager is responsible for the overall performance of the warehouses, including operations, customer service, office operations and IT. The position has direct leadership accountability for their staff and strives to build effective teams through planning, organizing, and directing all office and warehouse activities. The General Manager assists senior management in establishing warehouse performance objectives and is accountable for achieving these objectives.
Operations – Ensures development of systems and procedures for operating and managing physical facilities. Manages the day to day order volume and inventory Management.
Labor Management – Directs warehouse management team; develops and maintains a productive work team; creates programs to coach, counsel and discipline staff members; implements effective evaluation system to assist on effective performance management.
Information Technology – Ensures the creation of necessary information technology to meet company objectives and facilitate efficient operations.
Customer Service – Maintains appropriate contact with all accounts and responds to requests; assures that customers receive excellent transportation and administrative support; assists in establishing customer service standards for all accounts. Works directly with Customer to build a good working relationship that assists in the day to day needs of the operation.
P&L/Budgeting – Resposible for the overall financial performance of the facility. Works directly with Managers to help drive monthly financial goals. Helps develop annual budgetary documents based on company goals and directives. Manages a system of controls to ensure that service levels and performance goals are met; assures that all accounts achieve pre-determined profit standards.
Equipment & Facilities – Procures equipment and facilities required to assure efficient operation; develops programs for maintaining company standards of safety, sanitation, facility and equipment maintenance, security, 5S and Continuous Improvement.
- 10 years of supply chain experience with some exposure to the 3PL industry.
- Warehouse management experience with multiple channels of business
- Food Grade Warehouse experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of the key metrics that drive our business and how to develop those that are not in place.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Proven successful project management skills.
- Complete understanding of P & L process, financial drivers of the facility, profit margins.
- PC skills, including: MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Project)
- Strong analytical skills – required ability to explain complex issues, present alternatives, and influence others to reach the optimal solution.
- Four-year college degree in Business or related field required.
Organization: *Region North America
Title: General Manager I, Contract Logistics (CLS) (United States) (1st Shift) - LaVergne TN 210000Q9
Requisition ID: 210000Q9
The company is committed to and supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action to all employees and applicants for employment. Equal employment opportunity means equal treatment of employees and applicants without regard to the following legally-protected characteristics: race, color, religion, creed, sex (gender identity), pregnancy (including childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age (40 and over), medical condition, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), veteran status, physical or mental disability status or any other legally-protected status.
APL Logistics Americas, Ltd
- APL Logistics Americas, Ltd Jobs