Kiewit Corporation Senior Bridge Design Engineer - Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers - Laval in Laval, Canada
Numéro d'identification de la demande | Requisition ID : 118664
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers is seeking a Senior Bridge Engineer for bridge and infrastructure projects in our Laval, QC office. We are looking for the ideal candidate to perform a variety of design and analysis tasks related to steel and concrete bridges, construction methods, seismic design, design reviews, and conceptual and final designs. The Bridge Design Engineer should have at least 8 years of experience in engineering plan production and preparation of engineering calculations, be highly technically competent and familiar with current tools/programs/software, and CADD production practices.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineers, a division of Kiewit Engineering Group Inc, is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving the infrastructure and engineering markets. Our combined staff of more than 1,300 engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve transportation, power, water/wastewater, mining, building, and oil, gas & chemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes structural, geotechnical, civil, drainage, roadway, transit, and materials disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure projects.
We are an innovative team of design engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building RRSP plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of our Laval, Quebec office.
• Perform modeling (2D and 3D), analysis and design calculations for bridges and structures as well as ensure the accuracy of the design drawings;
• Perform seismic analysis in high seismic regions;
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to codes, design criteria and structural theories;
• Lead engineering and CADD teams in the preliminary and final development of plans and details;
• Identify and understand the technical requirements of high-risk projects and implement engineering principles to develop solutions;
• Develop design criteria, and establish project-specific design criteria when required;
• Conduct technical reviews at the preliminary and final design stages of project development;
• Conduct interdisciplinary reviews to coordinate with other design disciplines and verify compliance with contract documents;
• Lead technical meetings and discussions, and develop strategies or solutions to complex or unique technical problems;
• Identify and implement new technologies that provide a competitive advantage;
• Identify technical differentiators and develop schemes for key projects pursuits;
• Ensure that all work is done in accordance with Kiewit and/or project-specific Quality Management plans;
• Develop the scope of work, schedule and budgets for design tasks and deliverables.
• Accredited Bachelor of Engineering degree in Structural or Civil Engineering with an emphasis on bridge design;
• A master's degree or higher in structural engineering is preferred;
• 8 years or more of experience in relevant structural/bridge engineering design;
• Engineer's license in at least one Canadian province and eligibility for a permit in the United States;
• Excellent theoretical knowledge of structural engineering principles;
• Experience with design of multiple bridge types in concrete and steel, wall systems and staged construction analysis;
• Experience in Design-Build delivery is preferred;
• Preferred experience with engineering design software, i.e. programs such as MIDAS, CSI Bridge, Advance Design America, LUSAS, SOFiSTiK, etc.;
• Have the knowledge and ability to analyze and design according to structural theories, design criteria and codes such as CAN/CSA S6, AASHTO LRFD, AISC, ACI and other provincial and North American standards and codes;
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
• The ability to travel as business requires.
Nous souscrivons au principe d'égalité d'accès à l'emploi sans discrimination et nous respectons toutes les lois relatives aux droits de l'homme dans les provinces où nous menons nos activités.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Kiewit Corporation Jobs