Cardinal Health Territory Sales Consultant, Extended Care in Las Vegas, Nevada
Location: Territory will cover Arizona, Nevada, and Utah. Ideal candidate would reside in Arizona (greater Phoenix metro area)
What Sales contributes to Cardinal Health
This is a Sales Position selling into the Post-Acute market for disposable and capital equipment. Key call points consist of Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities, DME, HME, Hospice, and 3rd Party Billers. This position will also work directly with alternate distributors within the given geography. Overnight travel will be required.
- Applies basic concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform routine tasks
- Works on projects of limited scope and complexity
- Follows established procedures to resolve readily identifiable technical problems
- Works under direct supervision and receives detailed instructions
- Develops competence by performing structured work assignments
- Master all products and applications
- Meet and exceed assigned quota and sales objectives including assigned quota uplift
- Maintain and increase sales volume within assigned accounts and territory
- Travel within assigned territory to call on accounts including overnight travel. Maintain active, in-person presence at top accounts
- Identify new business opportunities, generate leads, close new business and convert accounts from competitor products
- Professionally drive a sense of urgency in accounts to speed up purchasing decisions
- Effectively manage sales pipeline closing "A" accounts, moving "B" accounts to A's and "C" accounts to "B"s
- Present proposals, negotiate pricing, and effectively differentiate Cardinal Health product offerings
- Build consultative relationships with clinicians, supply chain partners and end users. Maintain positive working relationships with Distribution and GPO partners
- Complete all administrative tasks including weekly call reports, expense reports, pipeline, maintain accurate SFDC records, market feedback, etc.
- In-service accounts by demonstrating product applications, functionality and use - often on night and weekend shifts
- Attend and participate in sales meetings, training programs, conventions, and trade shows as directed. Attend all regional, divisional and sector events including National Sales Meetings, and Region Meetings
- Maintain required activity level - following established guidelines for number of calls/day, # products presented/account, and # contacts/account
- Assist customers with back-orders and other related service issues
- Responsible for obtaining and keeping up to date records for vaccinations, TB tests, flu shots, and other medical credentials required by the hospitals in your territory
- Organize and maintain sample products and other sales material
- Utilize technology and data to analyze territory, effectively target accounts and pre-call planning
- Maintain knowledge of the current industry/competitive landscape including, GPO's, healthcare economics, reimbursement, competitors, competitive products, etc.
- Interact with Marketing, Customer Service, and other internal departments
- Resolve customer complaints in accordance with Company policy, and advises sales management promptly of any situation beyond the Sales Representative's authority
- Present product features and benefits to clinical call points utilizing proper sales technique (probing, qualifying, needs assessment, supporting and closing)
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years strongly preferred of documented outside sales success in a competitive, sophisticated environment, preferably tangible products (i.e. medical supplies/devices, office equipment, copiers, payroll systems, information systems)
- Medical Device industry experience preferred
- Evidence of top sales achievement with experience in multilevel account management is required
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to travel domestically and within region often involving overnight stays and stays up to one week in duration
A Covid-19 vaccination or a legitimate accommodation is required in order to be employed in this position. Covid-19 vaccination includes:
2 doses of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine
- 1 dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine
Please Note: vaccines may be required for the position subject to federal, state and/or customer requirements
Candidates who are back-to-work, people with disabilities, without a college degree, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Cardinal Health supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
To read and review this privacy notice click here (https://www.cardinalhealth.com/content/dam/corp/email/documents/corp/cardinal-health-online-application-privacy-policy.pdf)
We are a team of nearly 48,000 mission-driven partners striving each day to advance healthcare and improve lives. We are Essential to care.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a distributor of pharmaceuticals, a global manufacturer and distributor of medical and laboratory products, and a provider of performance and data solutions for health care facilities
We are a crucial link between the clinical and operational sides of care, working with more than 4,500 sourcing and manufacturing partners to deliver end-to-end solutions and data-driven insights that advance healthcare and improve lives every day. With deep partnerships, diverse perspectives and innovative digital solutions, we build connections across the continuum of care.
With 50 years of experience, approximately 44,000 employees and operations in more than 30 countries, Cardinal Health seizes the opportunity to address healthcare’s most complicated challenges — now, and in the future.
On Thursday, Jan. 7, 2021, we celebrated the day our founder, Bob Walter, had the vision to start a business that became known as Cardinal Health.
One of the most important ways we celebrated was by giving back to the communities where we live and work. 2021 was a "Year of Service” for all Cardinal Health employees around the world.
View Cardinal Health on YouTube (http://youtube.com/user/CardinalHealth)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Cardinal Health Jobs