Sparrow Health System REG RESPIRATORY THERAPIST RRT in Lansing, Michigan
REG RESPIRATORY THERAPIST - RRT ($5k sign-on bonus available)
Positions Location: Lansing, MI
General Purpose of Job:
Provide a wide variety of routine and advanced forms of respiratory therapy procedures for the diagnosis, treatment, and care of patients with respiratory dysfunction.
This job description is intended to cover the minimum essential duties assigned on a regular basis. Associates may be asked to perform additional duties as assigned by their leader. Leadership has the right to alter or modify the duties of the position.
- Assess patients' condition and initiate appropriate emergency and non-emergency procedures in accordance with established guidelines. Work with neonatal patients, pediatric patients, adult patients and geriatric patients.
- Administer aerosol medications, support therapy (oxygen, humidification, ventilator), and perform a variety of respiratory treatments and/or diagnostic procedures. Administer care within physician approved therapist driven protocols.
- Initiate, operate, maintain, monitor, and ensure safe patient care practices and operation of various life support devices in all critical care areas. Consult with and make recommendations to medical staff. Member of Code Blue team (CPR).
- Report/document pertinent patient care and status data in accordance with established guidelines. May accept and document physician telephone orders for respiratory therapy procedures.
- Establish an appropriate knowledge of electronic patient record and maintain accurate records relating to charges for services rendered.
- Perform routine RT equipment maintenance, cleaning/sterilization, and ensure environmental safety; member of Code Red team.
- Assist in the transportation of critical patients to or from Sparrow Hospital, and assist the physician when performing various surgical or non-surgical respiratory/cardiology procedures.
Instruct RT students, medical personnel, and patients and families regarding specific respiratory therapy procedures. Maintain current knowledge of RT related issues.
• Registered Respiratory Therapist: Credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory care.
• Licensed by the State of Michigan.
• Current BCLS Certification.
• Must obtain ACLS, PALS and/or NRP within 1 year of hire and stay current with certification.
• Preferred- ACC Certification or NPS Certification from NBRC.
• 1 year of critical care experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
• High school diploma or GED.
• Graduate from a Respira