Ingham County Human Resources Recording Secretary in Lansing, Michigan
Under the supervision of the Elections Director, performs general secretarial and stenographic functions, including taking, preparing and distribution of minutes for the Board of Commissioners meetings including committees, task forces, and other meetings where a quorum of commissioners is present or as directed. Assists customers at the counter, by telephone and email, by responding to inquiries related to all records of the Clerk's Office.
1. Records minutes of meetings by use of recording equipment and handwritten notes.
2. Transcribes and proofreads minutes.
3. Sends draft minutes to proper recipients by established deadlines.
4. Prepares and distributes packets of information for the meetings of the Board of Commissioners.
5. Maintains and updates public notice boards for the various Boards and Commissions that the County Clerk is responsible to in compliance with the Open Meetings Act.
6. Sets up and manages webinars to ensure accessibility for hybrid participation at any meeting for which the County Clerk is responsible for minutes, across Ingham County in a variety of locations.
7. Assists in the creation of social media and informational graphics
8. Assists with election preparation
9. Manages election-related mail, faxes and emails, relating to voter requests including, but not limited to processing and distributing requests for Permanent Absent Voter Ballot Applications, Voter Cancellations upon Death, election-related communications, and voter cancellation notices.
10. Assists with training sessions for poll workers for elections, and candidates and treasurers on campaign finance.
11. Indexes vital and election records for future access. Enters data in computer-based systems and retrieves information to respond to inquiries.
12. Receives campaign filings and assists with the review of such documents for errors and omissions. Assists with maintaining campaign filings index and the preparation of notification letters.
13. Assists the Elections Director in his/her role as liaison
14. Uses a variety of software programs to provide secretarial support
15. Provides counter assistance and assists with clerical duties necessary in processing concealed weapons permits. Receives, analyzes for errors and if applicable, processes concealed weapon permits by checking for proper documentation and completeness.
16. Receipts cash, check, credit/debit cards; balances tills; and other money handling duties as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel to meetings of the Board of Commissioners. Also travel to meetings that the Clerk is a statutory or constitutional member of, or has an obligation to support.
- Must adhere to departmental standards in regard to HIPAA and other privacy issues, as it relates to work with confidential documents and applications.
- During a public health emergency, the employee may be required to perform duties similar to, but not limited, to those in his/her job description.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a timely manner, change focus on projects as needed and multitask.
(An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the above tasks. These examples do not include all of the tasks which the employee may be expected to perform.)
Education: *Bachelor's degree *
Experience: A minimum of one-two years' experience as a Recording Secretary or equivalent experience. Experience preferred in graphic design, customer service, social media management, and/or meeting/event facilitation.
Must be able to obtain State of Michigan Electi