Steinman Communications Printing Press Operator- Night Shift in Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Susquehanna Printing is looking for a Fulltime, Printing *Press Operator *to join our night team to maintain and operate offset printing press and related equipment (plate makers, plate benders, reel stands, etc.) to produce quality printed products safely and efficiently.
Susquehanna Printing is part of a long tradition of printing in Lancaster County, beginning in the mid-1860s. Our long-standing expertise in printing continues to this day, as Susquehanna Printing produces the daily LNP newspaper and four local weekly newspapers, plus tabloids, books, and periodicals for businesses throughout the mid-Atlantic region. Susquehanna Printing is part of Steinman Communications.
Susquehanna Printing has expanded its business to include state-of-the-art solutions for scheduling, layout, digital printing, inserting, binding, direct mail, and quality control.
Why Work for Us?
We know that employees are a business's greatest asset and the primary driver of success. We are committed to attracting and retaining people who are bright, curious, flexible, and energetic.
As a Printing Press Operator at Susquehanna Printing, you'll enjoy:
- 4 weeks PTO to start (pro-rated for first year)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive health care, prescription, dental, vision
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Parental leave program
- Wellness program
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company provided uniforms
Night Press Operator Schedule: Work 4 nights one week and 3 nights the next, enjoy every other weekend off!
Press Operator Essential Job Functions (Full Description):
- Maintain a continual focus on safety and injury prevention for self and co-workers, immediately addressing any unsafe conditions that are identified.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and professionally with fellow press operators and personnel from related departments.
- Safely operate fork lift/clamp truck to transfer paper rolls between the warehouse and the press room for use in operation.
- Prepare paper rolls for use on the reel stands and press.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the reel stands prior to and throughout press runs.
- Effectively and efficiently setup and make all the necessary adjustments to the press for the next press run.
- Maintain & operate press equipment within manufacturers specifications.
- Read press layouts to determine and set proper web leads, webbing the press by using the common press leads and alternative leads.
- Safely remove old plates and position new plates on press according to layout without damaging either the plates or blankets.
- Efficiently adjust color registration during run to maximize reproductive quality and minimize newsprint waste.
- Identify & correct running problems with the webs, ink, folder, power, and anything else that relates to the running of the press and the quality of the final product.
- Properly and accurately fill out appropriate paperwork, keeping track of starts and stops, copy count, spoils, roll use, etc.
- Check and adjust color ink densities to proper levels before and during the press run.
- Maintain established acceptable housekeeping standards in the workplace.
Susquehanna Printing is conveniently located right off the Greenfield exit on Route 30, you have access to countless shops and restaurants within minutes and easy access to major cities in the Central PA area such as Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington D.C.
What are we looking for?
- High School diploma or equivalency required
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Prior press experience preferred