Westwood Professional Services, Inc. Substation Graduate Engineer-P&C in Lake Mary, Florida
Substation Graduate Engineer - P&C
Lake Mary, FL
Westwood Professional Services, Inc.
Westwood Professional Services, Inc. is seeking an entry-level Electrical Engineer to join our Substation Engineering team in our Lake Mary, FL office. Westwood has a highly experienced and dynamic team of individuals dedicated to providing high-level professional services to our clients.
• Responsible for protection and control design for utility-scale substations for power delivery, solar, and wind applications.
• Prepares reports, specifications, and drawing packages.
• Review and approves project submittals, and RFIs and support field activities during construction.
• Provide professional and technical support to multiple Westwood projects.
• Day-to-day support and input to internal and external Project Managers.
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an ABET-accredited college.
• Familiar with applicable codes and standards (IEEE, ANSI, NESC).
• Working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.) a must.
• Effective verbal communication and technical writing skills.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and check the quality of own and others’ work.
• Ability to use sound engineering judgment.
• Ability to manage time and workload effectively, which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
• Minimal travel possible.
Westwood Professional Services Inc. (Westwood) was established in 1972 and has since become a leader in many of the markets it serves. Westwood is a full-service, multidiscipline professional engineering firm and serves wind, solar, power delivery, residential and commercial development, and public infrastructure clients and their projects from multiple offices across the U.S.
In 2021, Zweig Group ranked Westwood nationally at # 4 and #21 respectively on its Hot Firms and Best Firms to Work for lists. Zweig also awarded Westwood two national 2nd place awards for Marketing Excellence. Westwood also ranked consistently higher four years in a row on the Engineering News Record (ENR) list as a leading design firm in the country. The firm consistently ranks on industry top 25 lists and receives recognition for its involvement on award-wining projects nationwide.
Westwood provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diverse backgrounds strengthen our business. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Requisition ID: 2023-4317
2nd Category: Electrical Engineering
External Company URL: www.westwoodps.com
Street: 801 International Parkway, Suite 500