Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group Project Engineer in Lake Mary, Florida
Come work for Mitsubishi Power Americas, as a Project Engineer. We are a growing company that offers great benefits with opportunities to advance and learn alongside accomplished leaders. Here we aren’t satisfied with settling, so we search for innovation in everything we do. Are you ready for the challenge?
The Project Engineer leads the engineering and design team, assuming overall responsibility for successful technical project execution. The Project Engineer acts as a liaison between the engineering team, project management and the customer with the responsibility for integrating the various engineering, scheduling and purchasing aspect of the project in accordance with contract obligations. Familiarity with combined cycle system design/construction, process controls, and instrumentation is highly desirable.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as single point of contact for EPC, Owner’s Engineer, and Customer on all technical issues related to execution of power projects.
• Leads the planning, setup and monitoring of the project systems (e.g. kick-offs, MDL, DOR, contract deviation list), inter-discipline workflows and coordination of design activities through engineering disciplines as well as resolution of inter-disciplinary issues.
• Understands the Contract requirements and supports the translation of the scope of work to the discipline engineering teams.
• Leads periodic reviews of engineering execution schedule and budget, expediting of engineering teams (e.g. two-week deliverables look-ahead), escalation of needs (e.g. action items and hot lists) and reporting of project technical delivery status (e.g. monthly reports).
• Supports Project Managers in tracking and compiling any design or specification changes and their resultant impacts (e.g. ECNs and contract deviations).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Conducts regular meetings with international affiliated companies to ensure successful project implementation.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers.
• Knowledge of project management (e.g. MS Projects), spreadsheet (e.g. MS Excel), word processing (e.g. MS Words), electronic mail (e.g. MS Outlook), 3D graphics (e.g. SmartPlant/PDMS), and technical diagrams/flow charts (e.g. MS Vision).
• Ability to perform multi-tasks and multidisciplinary communication.
Education / Experience Requirements: Bachelor Degree in Engineering. Minimum five (5) years and Maximum ten (10) years of directly related technical experience. Total engineering experience should not be less than seven (7) years
- Desirable But Not Required: Master’s Degree in Engineering. P.E. license. Knowledge of SP3D software. Experience with ISO procedures and OSHA safety requirements. International business experience desirable. Japanese language fluency and/or Spanish language fluency.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
Excellent Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision & 401K Matching).
Excellent growth and advancement opportunities.
Tuition reimbursement and on-the-job training.
Paid vacation and 11 Paid holidays per year.
Great working environment and culture.
Mitsubishi Power manufactures the world’s most efficient Advanced Class Gas Turbines and is leading the development of the digital power plant of the future through its digital solutions platform Mitsubishi Power-TOMONI™, providing real-time adaptive control and actionable knowledge to optimize power plant performance and significantly improve reliability.
Mitsubishi verifies identity and eligibility to work of all employees and only US Citizens or Permanent Resident card holders will be considered for the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee’s working environment maybe loud. The employee may be required to adhere to MHPSA and customer safety procedures including but not limited to, the use of personal protection equipment (hardhat, safety glasses, goggles, hearing and fall protection). The employee may be required to work over their scheduled 8 hour shifts and weekends based off of business needs to support our customers.
Auto req ID:
Energy and Utility
Lake Mary, FL
Mitsubishi Power Americas, Inc.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Group Jobs