Benchmark Loss Prevention/Security Officers | FT&PT in Lake Arrowhead, California
Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a highly motivated Security Officer to join the team at Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa. The Security Officer performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and restrained manner in coping with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances and threats to life and property to maintain a safe and secure environment.If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class resort!
A Mountain Hideaway
The spirit of Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa is casual luxury in a pristine natural setting. At an elevation of 5,200 feet in a lakeside setting that feels like no other place in Southern California, you’ll find Lake Arrowhead Resort & Spa. Our award winning AAA Four Diamond hotels tranquil setting is framed by majestic pines, a private lake and gabled rooftops. Secluded and completely removed from civilization, yet just 90 minutes from Los Angeles and Orange County.
Position Description & Job Responsibilities
· Spend majority of shift on foot patrol, walking, climbing stairs of the interior and perimeter of the hotel to observe and identify potential security and safety risks or undesirable conditions. Requires verbal communication using pager and two-way radio, bending, stooping and kneeling as in performing CPR.
· Maintain order in the hotel, dealing with the welfare of guests, eg., assisting with door lock problems, coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, fire or safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational and persuasive manner. Handle undesired conduct, violations of hotel policy and civil laws as warranted for the security and safety of hotel guests, employees, patrons and property. Requires grasping, lifting and or carrying or otherwise moving persons, packages, luggage, wheelchairs and safety equipment using manual dexterity of hands.
· Answer security telephone and safety hotline calls and respond in a timely manner based on priority.
· Observe the CCTV monitors for any unusual activity and in the case of suspicious behavior report directly, via radio, to the supervisor on duty; report any alarms similarly.
· Listen with empathy, provide accurate information and document legibly all appropriate incident information.
· Memorize and monitor life safety system installed at property including layout of entire building, alarm pull stations, location of fire extinguisher and sprinklers.
· Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
· Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
· Check employee packages as they exit to ensure no food or property is being removed. Screen persons entering this entrance for purpose and authorization.
· Receive, record and store lost and found items. Research and respond to inquirers from guests concerning status of items. Mail out claimed items to owner.
· Provide accurate information to inquirers for directions, hours of operation, etc.
· Escort guests and employees as required to parking lots, provide same for employees carrying house banks.
· Assist guests with door lock problems using moderately complex hand-held electronic apparatus.
· Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Formal Education and Job-Related Requirements
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
· Prior law enforcement or other military experience preferred.
· CPR certification and first aid training preferred.
· Applicants with additional language skills preferred.
· Thorough knowledge of the layout of the building, function rooms, and some knowledge of the city and surrounding areas.
· Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
· Ability to listen effectively, speak, read and write English clearly to ascertain and document important information.
Job-Related Physical Requirements
This position requires the employee to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions for duration of shift. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on the property. Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move goods weighing a maximum of 200 lbs. Sufficient manual dexterity in hands. Ability to climb stairs and ladders at a rapid pace. Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
The position involves the following Environmental Factors: Working Outside, Inside, Alone, Closely with Others, Above Ground, as well as Walking on Uneven Surfaces
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
In applying for this position, I acknowledge that I have read the above Position Guidelines and Position Analysis/Specifications and testify that I am able to perform the essential job functions for this position.
BENCHMARK®, a global hospitality company, is a trailblazer in the development, management, marketing and owner‐advisory services of resorts, hotels, conference centers and exclusive private clubs. In addition to the company’ iconic Benchmark Resorts & Hotels portfolio, the Gemstone Collection is a distinctive luxury portfolio of independent hotels & resorts in highly preferred destinations.
BENCHMARK’S distinguished and proven reputation is deeply‐rooted in core values that are focused and aligned with exceeding ownership and stakeholder performance expectations. The combined portfolios feature nearly 70 unique and distinctive properties domestically and internationally. The company leadership and valued employees are passionately committed to delivering the industry’ most authentic, enchanted, soulful, vibrant, unrivaled and memory‐making experience.
BENCHMARK’S progressive “Be The Difference” culture and values are a cornerstone to the company’s nearly 40 years of extraordinary achievement and prosperity. Many properties have been recognized with the Benchmark Conference Centers® mark of meeting excellence. www.benchmarkglobalhospitality.com